Silly old bat

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
'Are believed to have made a bid overnight'.

Something he flatly denied earlier, having contacted his 'Wigan source'.
:lol:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
'Are believed to have made a bid overnight'.

Something he flatly denied earlier, having contacted his 'Wigan source'.

And the Wigan source is now saying we 've had a second bid rejected (see my last post #166)

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I reckon a final bid being made of £7m with add ons will be sent to Wigan around 7pm - any later and your risking not getting a deal done. Can't imagine any other alternatives being worked on, we would have heard about them by now.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I reckon a final bid being made of £7m with add ons will be sent to Wigan around 7pm - any later and your risking not getting a deal done. Can't imagine any other alternatives being worked on, we would have heard about them by now.

That's roughly where i'd end up as well in terms of valuation - any more than £8m and you're just lining their pockets.

However, this is easy for me to say as it's not my money. I only have Haribos at the moment.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Andy Naylors answer to the above. Sounds like a game of poker to me.

https://twitter.com/AndyNaylorArgus/status/958734397024473088

[tweet]958734397024473088[/tweet]

Seems like he is not getting full story. We were pretty much told no more business....then this happens overnight which is generally denied by AN, then second bid and again not much from AN... obviously we are very interested or we would not be submitting big bids..question should be how far will we go...

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Do we really want to pay upto £7m for someone to come in and be 4th choice midfielder, not make the bench and then be sold for less than half of that a year or so later? Still a definite NO from me

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Seems like he is not getting full story. We were pretty much told no more business....then this happens overnight which is generally denied by AN, then second bid and again not much from AN... obviously we are very interested or we would not be submitting big bids..question should be how far will we go...

I am still sticking with we will sign him for around 8 million and then loan him straight back, medical can be done by any number of teams up north with very good reputations he does not need to come down here.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Do we really want to pay upto £7m for someone to come in and be 4th choice midfielder, not make the bench and then be sold for less than half of that a year or so later? Still a definite NO from me

Would he be 4th choice midfielder, or would perhaps he be the backup to Gross? Considering we don't have anyone naturally to assume that role...I know Kayal/March could but it's not their primary role.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here