Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2015

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Planning an all nighter.

Going to bed around 5pm Thursday afternoon. Up for 'breakfast' around 9:30pm.

Then planning to get through to about 8-9am.

Tivo box will be on 'record' in case I drift off!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Are we talking about cat sick Glas ? :rolleyes:

no someone tossed an egg at him ......but missed
I have got plenty of cat sick to throw at him ............................thats my job clearing it up and one of the little sods always manages to croak up while MOTD is on

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm working on the election so will probably be knackered by about midnight but I shall keep awake as long as possible
Looking forward to seeing the various TV companies "swingometers"
The best election night I ever had was in 1992 when I went up to the Comedy Store !

Conservative Party HQ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I doubt I will do a full night without sleep-probs a bit of shut eye between 3-7 ish. It will nice to get a few hours kips before The Glorious Day begins in earnest.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I am up late most nights anyway and will probably drop off once in a while but this one is not to be missed

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Here's hoping I stay awake all night.

I am working on the Count after all..........:yawn:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Not sarcastic in the slightest - I LOVE election night, and this is shaping up to be the most fascinating for a long time.

For sure. I bloody LOVE election night too - I love the high politics in the studio, juxtaposed with the "let's go live to..." nitty-gritty of ballot counting in sports halls up and down the country - especially when the big beasts look like getting slain. Will be especially interesting this year, seeing if UKIP can get a decent % of the popular vote (if not seats) and the SNP effect. I will definitely be pulling an all nighter for what looks like being the most fascinating election for decades.

Looking forward to the running commentary and analysis on NSC as it all unfolds too. CAN'T BLOODY WAIT!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I'm planning an nighter too. Can't wait. And any old excuse to post a bit of Python :thumbsup:

[YT]31FFTx6AKmU[/YT]

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
no someone tossed an egg at him ......but missed
I have got plenty of cat sick to throw at him ............................thats my job clearing it up and one of the little sods always manages to croak up while MOTD is on

You should turn the telly off when they show the game featuring Palace on MOTD :thumbsup: #catsickapocalypse

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The key results come in too late. I only stay awake long enough to see the Sunderland result, which tells us nothing.

One of the political pundits is bound to mention that UKIP has picked up all of the 2010 BNP vote in Sunderland Central :lol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He was always going to do that. Look at ME. If the youth of today look up to egotistical idiots such as Brand then god help us. :facepalm:

Whether people look up to him or not is largely irreverent, Brand is merely a vehicle here. This announcement is being splashed across numerous outlets and platforms which younger people use. The message Ed wants to get out is getting out to sections of society which the usual, tired, methods might not reach.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Whether people look up to him or not is largely irreverent, Brand is merely a vehicle here. This announcement is being splashed across numerous outlets and platforms which younger people use. The message Ed wants to get out is getting out to sections of society which the usual, tired, methods might not reach.

Like I said. This was always going to happen. It's been orchestrated right from the start. He was always going to endorse labour. I'm surprised everyone's surprised.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Guardian/ICM poll in Sheffield Hallam although a small sample is suggesting Clegg will hold on to his seat only because half the Tory voters in SH will temporarily defect and vote tactically for the LibDems to stop Labour winning the constituency.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Guardian/ICM poll in Sheffield Hallam although a small sample is suggesting Clegg will hold on to his seat only because half the Tory voters in SH will temporarily defect and vote tactically for the LibDems to stop Labour winning the constituency.

That's bizarre. Historically, Sheffield Hallam is a Tory seat - it's the sort of seat that the Conservatives should look at winning if they want an overall majority. This election just gets weirder

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Clegg is predicted to get around 38% , with the Tories and LAbour on about 19% each. He will hold his seat.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here