Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2015

the Budget projects spending ahead two or three years, sometimes more in headline policy. you wouldn't therefore plan spending in say 2019 today, because you don't have a firm idea of the budget. you might estimate and put in placeholders, but you wouldn't set your budget on unknowns or speculative guesses on previous history.

Any comments Beorhthelm why Brighton's accident and emergency depts have just recorded their WORST PERFORMANCE IN A DECADE?

http://www.brightonandhovenews.org/...s/38978?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I guess Ed Balls is in the 20%?

Sure keep bringing up the doctored Ed Balls video - anything please to keep the non-doms issue right at the top of the political agenda, be my guest :)

If you think this is a winner for you, let's keep discussing it!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Any comments Beorhthelm why Brighton's accident and emergency depts have just recorded their WORST PERFORMANCE IN A DECADE?

http://www.brightonandhovenews.org/...s/38978?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

there's not a lot information to know what the root cause or causes are. I assume that you think this is directly linked to funding, but there's a number of potential problems: staff attrition (moving in out of area), facilities available (space available to extend?), referral from GP's or NHS helpline, lack of alternatives like drop in centers, poor management, or simply numpties going there for a sore throat. from the previous round of this issue being in the media, it was suspicious that city centre A&E seem to be those that suffered low success, almost as if they are under more pressure and the arbitrary targets aren't taking into account the range of different requirements at individual hospitals.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Sure keep bringing up the doctored Ed Balls video - anything please to keep the non-doms issue right at the top of the political agenda, be my guest :)

If you think this is a winner for you, let's keep discussing it!

I don't really care about it, I think people seem to agree that the financial impact on the UK is unlikely to be too big in either direction.

I am not sure how it was doctored though, I only heard the clip of his interview to radio Leeds that they repeated on the BBC.

It is a shame if anyone thinks this is at the top of the political agenda. It is a Labour headline-grabber. One of many.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
The next poll will factor in the non-dom stuff so the Labour Party will be even further ahead.

Hoping Bozza posts some odds very soon as my money is burning a hole in my pocket.

Yes, I am sure that policy, the one only a few months ago the shadow chancellor said would cost us money if we removed, has got them some votes. Politicians stooping low again. But there will be swings and roundabouts.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

there's not a lot information to know what the root cause or causes are. I assume that you think this is directly linked to funding, but there's a number of potential problems: staff attrition (moving in out of area), facilities available (space available to extend?), referral from GP's or NHS helpline, lack of alternatives like drop in centers, poor management, or simply numpties going there for a sore throat. from the previous round of this issue being in the media, it was suspicious that city centre A&E seem to be those that suffered low success, almost as if they are under more pressure and the arbitrary targets aren't taking into account the range of different requirements at individual hospitals.

I really do wish there some cross party dialogue aimed at reforming the NHS. Regardless of funding levels, there is a massive amount of waste in the NHS that simply wouldn't be allowed to happen in a competitive private sector. Plus the service is patchy, depending entirely on where you live. Some hospitals are as good as any private hospital you'll find, some hospitals wouldn't look far out of place in the third world. Same sort of thing with surgeries. It really needs addressing, and urgently.

I'm tired of accusations by Tories that "Labour just throw good money after bad at the NHS" and the counter accusation that "the NHS is not safe in Tory hands". They amount to a self-serving, tedious crock of shìt for both sides, and nobody is interested in properly fixing it.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

A&E departments are overwhelmed because GPs can earn a six figure salary for working normal office hours Monday to Friday and appointments to see your own GP at short notice are virtually impossible to obtain. The NHS helpline errs on the side of caution when trying to diagnose over the phone and refers to A&E due to a fear of litigation if something goes wrong with a misdiagnosis.

Yes, I am sure that policy, the one only a few months ago the shadow chancellor said would cost us money if we removed, has got them some votes. Politicians stooping low again. But there will be swings and roundabouts.

It's repeated Tory hypocrisy that will hand Labour this election. It now appears the Tories' main election adviser Lynton Crosby is up to his neck in tax avoidance companies.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/poli...-lynton-crosby-over-tax-affairs-10164743.html

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
It's repeated Tory hypocrisy that will hand Labour this election. It now appears the Tories' main election adviser Lynton Crosby is up to his neck in tax avoidance companies.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/poli...-lynton-crosby-over-tax-affairs-10164743.html

Might be as bad as some labour MPs and councils using zero hour contracts. Or sending their kids to private school while saying state school is the answer for the rest of us. In the round the political elite have proved themselves as hypocrites.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Latest polls out
1) Survation LAB 35% , CON 31% , UKIP 15% , LD 9% , GREEN 4%
2) Panelbase LAB 37% , CON31% , UKIP 16% , LD 8% , GREEN 4%

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Latest polls out

That'll do. Come on [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION], hurry up with your usual bookmaker odds summary; some of have mortgages which need paying off and Caribbean holidays to book :lolol:

I might organise a poll as to what color Roller I'm going to buy.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Latest polls out

What do you reckon [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION]?

Absolute fecking panic meltdown in the Tory press tomorrow I bet :lolol:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Yes and I think that for the most part Farage did well in the debate sweaty though he may be.

He paid a visit to Grimsby yesterday as it is a winnable UKIP target seat but Joey Essex turned up too who thought Nigel was reem and well sick. Most of the (extreme) left wing protestors who turned up at the Town Hall were out of towners bussed in to wave their flags and placards. Newspaper reports say he was on time for further visits in the day to Skegness and Boston probably because the Grimsby pub where he was supposed to have an extended lunch in was overflowing with journalists.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here