Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I see the Aussies are getting it right......again.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
Classic politician move. At first glance looks like a reasonable move. Won't cost anything, relates to the latest panic,makes leader look decisive. Closer inspection reveals it will have **** all effect.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
This doesn't surprise me at all. Australian is probably the finest example of an "I'm alright jack" country on the planet.

For Nigel Farage it would be pure Utopia

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
As you seem to admire the Aussie approach have you ever considered moving there? I'm happy to arrange a whip-round for the (one-way) ticket :lolol:

It's full of migrants who have no respect for the local culture and have taken the jobs of the indigenous population to such an extent that you rarely hear the local language spoken.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Coughs and sneezes spread diseases - well, some....

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
This doesn't surprise me at all. Australian is probably the finest example of an "I'm alright jack" country on the planet.

For Nigel Farage it would be pure Utopia

They ask nowt of others, only take in those of benefit to their nation, good on 'em I say. My application is already lodged.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
'Jacqui Lambie should resign from Parliament if she is not going to take her job seriously, government MP Craig Laundy says, following the Palmer United senator's warning that Ebola-infected "suicide agents" could attack Australia'

'The theory of a such an attack appears to have first surfaced on the internet three weeks ago on the spoof US news website The National Report'

Yoda

English & European
Indeed you MAY and you WOULD be unlucky. However you MAY, notice they didn't use CAN'T.

But again, you would have to be extremely unlucky. Out of 10,000+ cases, only 27 have been outside the main three shared boarder Countries, and out of nearly 5,000 deaths, all but 10 have been contained in those three.

The spread is more to do with the lack of knowledge and facilities to treat them and contain the virus.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
They ask nowt of others, only take in those of benefit to their nation, good on 'em I say. My application is already lodged.

Offshore refugee camps in PNG, cutting foreign aid despite being one of the richest countries on earth, complete denial of climate change, yeah good on em...

larus

Offshore refugee camps in PNG, cutting foreign aid despite being one of the richest countries on earth, complete denial of climate change, yeah good on em...

What, this global warming which hasn't happened for the last 18 years. No-one denies climate change (it's a fact of our planet; it's always going through climate change). However, a lot of people disagree with the assertion of Global Man Made Warming due to the change of CO2 from approx 0.028% to 0.040%. CO2 is a trace gas, and it's concentration in the atmosphere has changed from roughly 3 parts per 10,000 to 4 parts per 10,000.

In context; Nitrogen is 78.08%, Oxygen is 20.94% : CO2 is 0.04%.

D

Deleted member 22389

There are some ridiculous responses on here to what seems a very sensible decision by the Australian government.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
What, this global warming which hasn't happened for the last 18 years. No-one denies climate change (it's a fact of our planet; it's always going through climate change). However, a lot of people disagree with the assertion of Global Man Made Warming due to the change of CO2 from approx 0.028% to 0.040%. CO2 is a trace gas, and it's concentration in the atmosphere has changed from roughly 3 parts per 10,000 to 4 parts per 10,000.

In context; Nitrogen is 78.08%, Oxygen is 20.94% : CO2 is 0.04%.

Well looks like this year will be the warmest ever in the UK for starters...

larus

Well looks like this year will be the warmest ever in the UK for starters...

There have been no major hurricanes to hit the US in 9 years.
Antarctic sea ice extent is the largest on record - ever.
The warming in the western peninsular of Antarctica is linked to volcanic activity.
The current solar cycle is extremely weak, after high solar activity at the end of the last century (which coincided with warming temperatures).
Not 1 of the approx 55 climate models predicted any hiatus in global temperatures.

if your model (computer program) doesn't match observations, then maybe the model is wrong. All models are programmed to assume CO2 rises drive climate warming, but the reality is it ain't happening.

Ignore the propaganda and do some reading about solar cycle 24 and the expected cooling over the next few decades.
Warming is good for mankind; cooling is not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here