Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente.....wow

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
A scorching beauty of a footballer. Christ how far we have crashed since those joyous days of yore! Having been a fan since 1983/4, I'd say he's the best we've ever had during my lifetime. Actually I fear he may be the best, well, I'll ever live to see. A terrifying and sobering thought on so many levels.

Kosh

Last edited:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Everytime I see that run against Derby I still hope it would go in under the crossbar.

The amount of goals and assits he got for us when he spent time on the pitch was unreal.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
The King of Brighton!

We were indeed truly blessed.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I used to really look forward to games, I go expecting to get beat these days,

Well, a lot of threads have been started reminiscing about the 'good ole days' - so you should be thankful of the above as a kind of nostalgia!

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I'm devastated I missed the opportunity to see him perform live - It's an unrequited kind of love thing. I feel a sense of loss and regret that I'm at an equal loss to explain, akin to that girl I should have asked out in sixth form - I never got to see her perform live either.

Kosh

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Great videos. Highlights how far we've gone backwards.

Those will probably prove to be our heydays for a lot of our lifetimes

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well, a lot of threads have been started reminiscing about the 'good ole days' - so you should be thankful of the above as a kind of nostalgia!

The last time we had a "Golden era" it took over 25 years before we had the next one...I am cautiously optimistic that it won't be that long this time. Probably just 5 or so?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Great videos. Highlights how far we've gone backwards.

Those will probably prove to be our heydays for a lot of our lifetimes

The last time we had a "Golden era" it took over 25 years before we had the next one...I am cautiously optimistic that it won't be that long this time. Probably just 5 or so?

But maybe not in our lifetimes.

Well you lot have certainly put a spring in my step going into the weekend! :down::ohmy::cry::shootself:(

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It might happen again in the future, who knows - I wonder if Ronaldinho fancies a stint on the South Coast?

I hesitate to post this as I have already been pretty negative on this thread but in for a penny in for a pound. Can you really see a World Class player even considering signing for Albion and Hughton anytime soon? Uninspiring but steady manager, team in freefall, wages always a problem....

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
Yes he was a lovely player to watch and we also had some very good players alongside him giving him the ball and playing with passion and commitment as well.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Such a shame the way it ended, had visions of a Vicente winner at Wembley taking us up. Best player I've seen in the stripes without a doubt.

ants4t

Jun 17, 2011
Surprised you managed to cobble together 5 minutes of highlights, albeit a lot of slow mo replays. Quality player that barely contributed any points for us.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Surprised you managed to cobble together 5 minutes of highlights, albeit a lot of slow mo replays. Quality player that barely contributed any points for us.

If you work out his creative moments and time spent on the pitch, then I think you will find that the ratio is quite high. Compared to some of the dross being served up at the moment, Vincente was sublime. Your surly attitude clearly suggests a lack of appreciation for the finer points of the game and an immaturity in both football observation and understanding.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Hindsight is a wonderful thing but the money wasted on Kemy and Toko we could have got Vicente back just for a couple of cameo's and he still would have contributed more than those two.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

"The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things with a style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom" Danny Blanchflower.

Did you never go to a game and pray that Vicente would be fit and on the bench or even starting? Did your heart not soar with joy as you saw him glide imperiously through the opposition; untouchable. Didn't his performances set your pulses racing, bring a tear to your eye, generate an excitement that propelled you from your seat. Didn't he raise you out of your humdrum "must win, got to get the points" reality, revealing glimpses of something awe inspiring? Didn't you watch spellbound and recognise he was probably the best player you'll ever have the privilege to watch in the blue and white stripes?

Don't you have any soul?

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
If you work out his creative moments and time spent on the pitch, then I think you will find that the ratio is quite high. Compared to some of the dross being served up at the moment, Vincente was sublime. Your surly attitude clearly suggests a lack of appreciation for the finer points of the game and an immaturity in both football observation and understanding.

If you look at our points ratio with him in the team and with him out of the team we performed much, much better when he didn't play.

He was amazing to watch, but I think it's a valid argument that he didn't contribute that much for us over the two years he was here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here