Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gardner..saying nice things about us on Twitter

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
I hope there is no booing, not every player that wears the mighty blue and white stripes can be on the same status as Calderon, Ulloa or Obika.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Dear god can this place get any more metrosexual?

He's a former player who was shitehouse, previously that was enough to induce 90 minutes of booing, catcalls, and poking fun.
Said player has a blinder and cups his ear when smashing one in from 30 yards, and the cycle begins again.

That pantomime is the whole bloody point of going to football.

Now we have to put up with:-
'well it wasn't my little Tarquin's fault, the teacher was clearly picking on him'.
'My innocent Princess Tabitha likes to express herself while eating her mung bean salad, there's no need to be nasty'.

I guess we could all sit in silence instead.

http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...t-for-Gardener-on-Saturday&highlight=Gardener

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Sorry if it's fixtures, but Gardner has said how he is looking forward returning Saturday

Top people there, fans, players and staff.

Aaaah. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm looking forward to his return to the Amex too. Just hope he plays the same for Forest as he did when he was playing for us.

el punal

Silly to have beef with Gardner . Hypia pretty much had every player under performing , it became fashionable to dislike Gardner but he did chip In a couple of goals . His time here was 5 or 6 / 10 . We've had far far worse
Exactly. Name any player that played to his full potential during Hyypia's reign. More to the point, think of the number of players that have improved since his departure.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Dear god can this place get any more metrosexual?

He's a former player who was shitehouse, previously that was enough to induce 90 minutes of booing, catcalls, and poking fun.
Said player has a blinder and cups his ear when smashing one in from 30 yards, and the cycle begins again.

That pantomime is the whole bloody point of going to football.

Now we have to put up with:-
'well it wasn't my little Tarquin's fault, the teacher was clearly picking on him'.
'My innocent Princess Tabitha likes to express herself while eating her mung bean salad, there's no need to be nasty'.

I guess we could all sit in silence instead.

http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...t-for-Gardener-on-Saturday&highlight=Gardener

No pantomime is complete without a pantomime villain. Not sure Gardner fills that role though really. Let's hope the ref is a cvnt.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No pantomime is complete without a pantomime villain. Not sure Gardner fills that role though really. Let's hope the ref is a cvnt.
Clearly GG isn't the villian, which makes him all the more ideal too poke fun at.
Some of the stuff on here is just so far removed from actually going to football.
We should be relishing Gary's return, not running away from it.

Give him stick and then watch him score.
That's football, hopefully we can all make some money the fact along the way.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
There was a point when he scored and I thought he was going to grow into the sort of influential player his brother is for the other Albion. He has the talent but, at least for us, didn't apply it consistently. Maybe it was the Hyppia-factor?
Odds-on to knock one in on Saturday.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I'm indifferent to Gardner, however since he has been nice on twitter I will certainly not give a negative reaction. Fair play to him, seems a decent lad.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
With Skybet he's 12/1 FGS, 12/1 LGS, 9/2 anytime, 33/1 brace and 150/1 for a hattrick.

TBH I'm going across the board I've never been so sure of a player scoring than Gardener tomorrow.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
With Skybet he's 12/1 FGS, 12/1 LGS, 9/2 anytime, 33/1 brace and 150/1 for a hattrick.

TBH I'm going across the board I've never been so sure of a player scoring than Gardener tomorrow.

All 3 of his league goals have come at The Amex. He scored on his debut for Coventry against us at the Amex, it was actually the second goal of the game but, as the first was a Richard Keogh own goal, it would have paid out as FGS (own goals don't normally count in that market). He then scored for us against Wigan and Blackburn both times it was the first goal of the game.

Clearly he's going to score tomorrow.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I won't be giving him pelters. But he and JFC formed one of the LIMPEST central-midfield partnerships in recent memory, which is a big factor why we are currently looking over our shoulders nervously. Not the ONLY factor of course, but a big one.

I can remember the despondency setting in each week as the teamsheet came out, seeing those two starting. Again, and again, and again. Thankfully he's moved on and we have time to repair the damage, but can you just imagine where we'd be now if those two had still been in our MF since Hyypia slung his hook ?

*shudder*

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
All 3 of his league goals have come at The Amex. He scored on his debut for Coventry against us at the Amex, it was actually the second goal of the game but, as the first was a Richard Keogh own goal, it would have paid out as FGS (own goals don't normally count in that market). He then scored for us against Wigan and Blackburn both times it was the first goal of the game.

Clearly he's going to score tomorrow.
Yep have now done the bet.
Because I yearn for a £2000 road bike, I've dropped the 9/2 anytime bet in favour of:-

GG FGS & Albion win 4-3 @ 2000/1

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Thankfully he's moved on and we have time to repair the damage, but can you just imagine where we'd be now if those two had still been in our MF since Hyypia slung his hook ?

*shudder*

We'd also be four points worse off and in the relegation zone without his goals...

Not saying he was anything other than distinctly average at best, but he still played an alarmingly important role in securing what before his loan expired and Hughton arrived amounted to a FIFTH of our points total

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We'd also be four points worse off and in the relegation zone without his goals...

Not saying he was anything other than distinctly average at best, but he still played an alarmingly important role in securing what before his loan expired and Hughton arrived amounted to a FIFTH of our points total

I think that's being generous. A couple of scruffy close-range goals, whilst valuable at the time, were hardly something any half-decent player in his position wouldn't have tucked away. His contribution to the overall malaise in our midfield by then would have proved far more costly were he and JFC continued to be our CM pairing much longer over the course of this season. We'd already be bottom 3 right now, I have no doubt of that.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Not sure if he touched the ball but in second half definitely made a meal of an 'injury' in front of East Stand. Glad we won't see him again.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The first ever game at the AMEX he didn't shoot.
I should have put money on him scoring every week.
I could have saved the start of our season.

Certainly no love lost between GG Bruno and Calde.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here