Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huddersfield - Jonathan Hogg and Jon Gorenc Stankovic

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
why are you lot pinning your hopes on the injuries to other clubs players ? Let's do it ourselves !!
Er, let me think about that one...

Maybe because we are on target for 89 points (hopefully +) for the second year running and it would be quite nice if that performance was good enough to get us promoted to the Premier League...?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Yeah well we're down to our fourth choice centre back and third choice left back.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yeah well we're down to our fourth choice centre back and third choice left back.
It says so much about this seasons squad you can also write 'Yeah well luckily we're...'

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A long injury list plus my £5 'Castle/Field win double ought to be enough to slow their progress.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Er, let me think about that one...

Maybe because we are on target for 89 points (hopefully +) for the second year running and it would be quite nice if that performance was good enough to get us promoted to the Premier League...?

got that, but why go on about Huddersfield injuries ?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Agreed. Our horrific injury luck around xmas last year, and getting 4 injured in the playoffs first leg cost us dear. Deluded if anyone thinks our rivals were genuinely sympathetic. Of course I take no pleasure in players getting injured, but it's part and parcel of the game. Anything that disrupts our rivals is good news for us, as far as I'm concerned, especially when they're key players. That said, I hope Hudds go up rather than the other 3 currently in the top 6.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Yep we had the injury bad luck under Oscar in the playoffs as well. No Greer, no Buckley, an Orlandi not match fit after his injury. and not even having backup players to cover. Even with our strength in depth we have two natural left backs and Bruno out, and with Duffy on top of that we are still not getting an easy ride this year. It's more about balancing out than us gaining an advantage.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
There are a lot of people on here being very precious I dont think anybody has said the injury is good for either player or wished it upon them especially Hogg who is a pivotal strength to the Huddersfield side. It must be said that any weakening of their side will be beneficial to us and weaken their chances of reaching automatic promotion ; which is what most people are saying.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Palmer and Brown back in two weeks

Hogg might make the play off second leg if all goes well with his recovery

Re Hogg, I hope he does make the 2nd leg of the play off....in fact I hope he makes the first leg too and you beat the scumbags up the road from you in the final. Can you just take your foot off the accelerator for the next 6/7 games, give everyone a well deserved rest and be best prepared for the run in.

LondonTown

Mar 13, 2017
Re Hogg, I hope he does make the 2nd leg of the play off....in fact I hope he makes the first leg too and you beat the scumbags up the road from you in the final. Can you just take your foot off the accelerator for the next 6/7 games, give everyone a well deserved rest and be best prepared for the run in.
'Scumbags'. You're being very polite.

I see the thread title was edited to include Stankovic. He was a bit part player. A bright young prospect who came in as cover once or twice. Hudson is the first choice after Hefele in the centre back stakes.

Billing and Whitehead will be covering for Hogg. Billing is great prospect as I have already mentioned, but less defensive minded. He was man of the match at Moan City, and made some of their boys look amateurish at times. Whitehead is experienced at the top level, but he's knocking on a bit now.

The effect of Hogg's absence remains to be seen. Hudds have been full of surprises this season, after all.

The two Chelsea loanees, Brown and Palmer, could play a big part when they are back, which should be soon. We will see. :cool:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
'Scumbags'. You're being very polite.

I see the thread title was edited to include Stankovic. He was a bit part player. A bright young prospect who came in as cover twelve times. Hudson is the first choice after Hefele in the centre back stakes.

Fixed for you - for accuracy, like.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here