Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Frank de Boer to Palace

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
So Parish is Tweeting unsubtle hints that De Boer is signing tomorrow. He may as well have written "LOOK AT ME EVERYONE. I AM IMPORTANT."

Could you imagine anything like that from Tony?

Noades, Jordan, Parish. Palace fans have had a long wait for a chairman who isn't an egomaniac?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
So Parish is Tweeting unsubtle hints that De Boer is signing tomorrow. He may as well have written "LOOK AT ME EVERYONE. I AM IMPORTANT."

Could you imagine anything like that from Tony?

Noades, Jordan, Parish. Palace fans have had a long wait for a chairman who isn't an egomaniac?

Or one that has any class at all

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
You said our team hasn't improved much...not true.

The night we beat you 2-0 we had this team:

Speroni

Ward Gabbidon Delaney Moxey

Zaha Jedinak Dikgacoi Garvan Williams

Wilbraham (in for Murray injured)

The team we have now is:

Hennessey

Ward Dann Tomkins Van Aanholt

Milivojevic Cabaye

Puncheon

Zaha Benteke Townsend

I'd say that's a much improved team FACT
t

Oh Sh-t! and we've still got the same old players! We're fuc*ed

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
So, is it Pope Benedict, or Pope Francis that you are getting?

Either way, if he comes to Lewes Bonfire, I'm sure we'll find him a very comfy seat.:whistle:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
As for you comment about our past season ticket sales, I would come back at you by saying you weren't able to sell out Withdean during certain games.

This really is SUCH a tired old argument to trot out.

In the 12 years we were playing at that dump, Withdean was often sold out. Not always, obviously, but very often. Especially during the 4 promotion campaigns we had there. So there were gaps in the stands on a wet Tuesday night in November for Rochdale - wow, what a shock ! Considering the dirge that was being served up some seasons there, the level we were playing at and the shocking surroundings, the % of attendance to capacity was pretty bloody impressive, and stood up to most if not all teams in the lower leagues. Not to mention the fact that the away end was in Worthing and, unsurprisingly, was usually all but empty. Even your lot didn't sell out your away allocation when you came down, and I don't blame you.

Palace love to perpetuate this myth that your "legendary" fans would've been queuing round the block to watch 3rd and 4th division football for the best part of 10 years, at an open air municipal athletics track. Complete and utter pebbledash. You only found around an extra 10,000 tourists, sorry "fans" when you went up to the PL, so this notion that you lot would have had Withdean packed to the rafters week-in, week out in the 3rd and 4th divisions for the visits of Mansfield and Barnet is frankly laughable.

This "you weren't able to sell out Withdean" mantra you cling to makes you sound like an utter tool, with absolutely no idea about football. Maybe that is indeed the case, but there's no need to shout it to the world is there ?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Very funny, but you would have to know the story behind it :)
I think we're all fairly clear on what "the story behind it" is.

I have to give grudging credit to Palace for it actually - I thought it was at least mildly amusing.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
The thing is, what do they do when their fans (Ultras) turn on FDB and his sacked by Xmas? I mean this will be the best managerial appointment in their History and they are already planning on making loads of money from their academy (which is sh*t) when Frank gets his hands on it and magically turns their youth into worldies. They are looking forward to European Football (again) but we all know how that turned out last time they mentioned that :facepalm:

I'm just gonna sit here smug and waiting for FDB to be sacked and the Palace faithful to say "Didn't want him anyway" :nono:

Let them have their moment in the sun (no parish gag intended) and think they are going places when we all no the story of where this will end up. :angel:

Last edited:

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
The thing is, what do they do when their fans (Ultras) turn on FDB and his sacked by Xmas? I mean this will be the best managerial appointment in their History and they are already planning on making loads of money from their academy (which is sh*t) when Frank gets his hands on it and magically turns their youth into worldies. They are looking forward to European Football (again) but we all know how that turned out last time they mentioned that :facepalm:

I'm just gonna sit here smug and waiting for FDB to be sacked and the Palace faithful to say "Didn't want him anyway" :nono:

Let them have their moment in the sun (no parish gag intended) and think they are going places when we all no the storey of where this will end up. :angel:

Bargain basement?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here