Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Why not increase it to 20%, would that be lunacy?

At what point does the increase or level result an overall negative impact on the economy?

If lower is better why not reduce it to 18%?

Well it would suggest that the Tories have decided that 18% & 20% are those tipping points.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Your love of all things Corbyn would suggest this
Feel free to clarify otherwise
I'm 30/70 lib dems, greens.
I just prefer JC to TM and find it funny how everyone slags him off whilst completely ignoring what a bunch of c**** the tories are

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
What point are you making with that quote, exactly [MENTION=26105]Soulman[/MENTION] ?

Are you suggesting this as a model, to follow? That low CT rates would see an influx of foreign corporations choosing the UK as a 'a base for European expansion' to ride the crest of an 'export-dominated economy'? Because the way 52% of our peers voted last year, means that is an absolute non-starter.

Also a non starter as we will be out of the EU and all the benefits that the companies locating have by locating in Ireland to trade within the EU we eill not be able to offer as we will be outside looking in.

You could say that this article quote actually promites the success and viability if the EU.

Yes we may get a few firms locating in the UK with a low corporation tax rate but nothing like Ireland and Luxembourg

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
He says he listens to facts and debates. Thus educating himself about the politics. How is that reliant on opinions of others?

However, I notice that you use the word "cuck" which was incredibly popular with the mentally slow supporters of Donald Trump, so if as I suspect, you also support him, that pretty much says everything about you.

Do you realise we are talking about the one man never voted before stick my oar in wrong direction
have you seen his input to political threads?

Can you also define how supporters of Trump are "mentally slow"
how do you define " mentally slow " people, i didnt realise it was still a saying but since you are using it what is mentally slow?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I am so pleased you are finally keen to answer the question
These should help you…….A or B makes it even simpler for you
Even you cant fail to answer now

was a vote to Leave the EU a vote to
A/ keep free movement and not be in full control of our borders
B/ End free movement and have full control of our borders

A/ Remain under control of the ECJ in Luxembourg
B/ End primacy of the ECJ and return more law powers to Westminster

Was a vote to leave the EU a vote to
A/ remain as members of the single market and let the EU dictate our trade agreements
B/ quit being members and make our own trade deals globally free from EU meddling.

Perhaps you might just refuse to answer again.

I've answered that twice now but I'll make It thrice to see if you get it this time:

The answer to all those questions is: Nobody knows.

Now, get back to your colouring in. Stupid boy.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I'm 30/70 lib dems, greens.
I just prefer JC to TM and find it funny how everyone slags him off whilst completely ignoring what a bunch of c**** the tories are

You hurl around insults and you are basically a green......have you ever considered getting into contact with NSC biggest insulter Nibble......he was green
This has made my day

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I am so pleased you are finally keen to answer the question
These should help you…….A or B makes it even simpler for you
Even you cant fail to answer now

A/ keep free movement and not be in full control of our borders
B/ End free movement and have full control of our borders

A/ Remain under control of the ECJ in Luxembourg
B/ End primacy of the ECJ and return more law powers to Westminster

Was a vote to leave the EU a vote to
A/ remain as members of the single market and let the EU dictate our trade agreements
B/ quit being members and make our own trade deals globally free from EU meddling.

Perhaps you might just refuse to answer again.

I voted leave to, though i dont believe either option is without its advantages or its pitfalls. The major reason for doing so, was partly to do with the reasons above but more about the direction of travel. It was a myth that to vote remain you were voting to stay in an EU as it is today, of which their are advantages like free trade. The common market was a great idea, it was overtaken by Federalists. The EU's sole aim is ever closer union, more powers to Brussels, ever more chipping away at national sovereignty, an EU army, President, the Euro until it reaches its final objective of a United states of Europe and the end of individual sovereign nation states. To vote to remain was not voting to stay as things are today, it was voting to be a passenger on a train with no stops to arrive one day at that end political objective. I chose to get off.

CherryInHove

Apr 16, 2015
Do you realise we are talking about the one man never voted before stick my oar in wrong direction
have you seen his input to political threads?

Can you also define how supporters of Trump are "mentally slow"
how do you define " mentally slow " people, i didnt realise it was still a saying but since you are using it what is mentally slow?

I'll take that as a confirmation that you do support Trump. SAD.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Seems strange to me that numerous remain voters who appeared to be significantly motivated by safety first economic considerations are apparently going to vote for a party that will introduce numerous problematic policies that could seriously derail the economy .. including increasing business taxes, increasing regulation, increased power of unions, increasing living wage and NI costs (knock on reductions in investment) at the very moment when (according to them) we will be in steep economic decline because of Brexit.

???

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
You hurl around insults and you are basically a green......have you ever considered getting into contact with NSC biggest insulter Nibble......he was green
This has made my day
Nibble even insulted me!
I'm voting green as any other vote in my area is a waste of time and they're the only party that have put forward a 3 day weekend!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] summed it up simply, at the current 19% we currently raise more in corporation tax than we have at any time before and more than we did at 26%, this lower rate will also help drive growth.

Taking into account inflation, we are not raising more in corporation tax that we have ever done. As a percentage of GDP, or as a percentage of national income, corporation tax is still at levels below what it was in 2010/11. The IFS actually say that the combined rate cuts to corporation tax will cost the national income £16.5bn each year in 2017-18 terms. That means growth has to be above expected forecasts to break even.

They actually go to say reversing the rate cuts proposed would raise £19.7bn a year in the near term.

So even if you don't believe Labour, why believe this version of truth that corporation tax cuts will mean more revenue and are essential to growth, there is equal economic criticism of this cut as there is to a raise?

Maybe Labour are not right going to 26% (still lowest rate than the rest of the G7), but I struggle to believe that cutting it further is the thing to do, and that will stifle growth.

https://www.ifs.org.uk/publications/9207

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I voted leave to, though i dont believe either option is without its advantages or its pitfalls. The major reason for doing so, was partly to do with the reasons above but more about the direction of travel. It was a myth that to vote remain you were voting to stay in an EU as it is today, of which their are advantages like free trade. The common market was a great idea, it was overtaken by Federalists. The EU's sole aim is ever closer union, more powers to Brussels, ever more chipping away at national sovereignty, an EU army, President, the Euro until it reaches its final objective of a United states of Europe and the end of individual sovereign nation states. To vote to remain was not voting to stay as things are today, it was voting to be a passenger on a train with no stops to arrive one day at that end political objective. I chose to get off.

This post has cheered me up. Very well put.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I've answered that twice now but I'll make It thrice to see if you get it this time:

The answer to all those questions is: Nobody knows.

Now, get back to your colouring in. Stupid boy.

This is why you are so thick and probably the worst voter ever in the referendum

You dont realise a vote to remain means keeping free movement
you dont realise a vote to remain means keeping the ECJ as primacy
you dont realise a vote to remain means staying in as members of the single market

and yet you ticked yes anyway.......completely clueless

as predicted you would refuse to answer

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Not disagreeing, but where was any input from Labour getting behind Remain.....nothing. Maybe some input from them would have seen the democratic vote results different.

Nothing? Seriously?

No doubt you can put some links up to verify this statement or is it your usual wrong opinion?

Just to give you one name Harriet Harman

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Why not increase it to 20%, would that be lunacy?

At what point does the increase or level result an overall negative impact on the economy?

If lower is better why not reduce it to 18%?

Who could argue against either, if independent financial analysis showed that either course would result in an overall increase to the economy. Its simplistic though to say reducing it by 1p reduces the tax take without considering secondary effects of businesses having more money to invest in employees who spend wages in the economy with subsequent VAT receipts and who invest more in the business. Likewise its simplistic to say that increasing it by 1p it will raise 3 billion more in tax without considering opposite effect to those listed with a drop. Their is a much bigger picture of effects with a raise or reduction. Ultimately the only thing that matters is keeping the economy moving and ensuring the highest levels of tax receipt possible.

19p is currently bringing in more than 26p ever did and its at record levels. So why does Labour change it? and why does it try and insist it can defy every independent economic prediction (except its own) that is can raise 19.4 billion more than the current record levels, when at 26p previously it raised less?

It cant and for that reason half its spending commitments are unfunded. but more importantly they are on course to wreck the economy once more, which is nothing new.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
This is why you are so thick and probably the worst voter ever in the referendum

you dont realise a vote to remain means staying in as members of the single market

I think you have been well and truly put in your place over this matter by myself and others. You have my answer. If you don't like it there's nothing I can do for ya, kid.

I suggest you take a break from NSC for a few hours. You seem very riled today.
Now, I must get a few hours work done if I wish to leave early. Have a nice day, try not to shit your pants.

CherryInHove

Apr 16, 2015

as predicted you would refuse to answer

Your reading comprehension is lacking.

He said that nobody knew what a vote to leave meant. Everyone knew what a vote to remain meant.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
That'll be why May pulled out Womens Hour today on Radio 4 - she knew what was going to happen to McKinley and couldn't face questions on it. As she said herself on the matter:

#strongandstable

Will she therefore go missing from tonights Leaders programme or will she hide behind due to the prosecution I am unable to comment for legal reasons

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here