Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Obscure" US TV choices - recommendations please

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not obscure, but currently watching:

Catching up on the entire seven seasons of The Good Wife. Enjoyable.

Better Call Saul - have now caught up with all series, so watching each new episode as released. Excellent.

Designated Survivor - ditto. Really enjoy this.

Still in mourning after watching the entire Breaking Bad over a couple of months. A unique storyline and amazing.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
On your say so I watched the first episode.
Before I watch the second, I have one tiny little question to ask:-

'What the fook was that all about'?

The second episode gets even weirder, a bit like "The Prisoner" on acid !!

I'm gonna stick with it as I think Ian McShane is a great actor and Gillian Anderson and Cloris Leachman of Mel Brooks fame also turn up

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Really enjoyed this Swedish noir, and pretty dark it is too.

SPRINGFLODEN

2806_spring-tide-533x300.jpg

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
"American Gods" has just kicked off out here. Interesting mix of sci-fi, supernatural and horror.

Ian McShane pretty much stole the first episode

The outside scenes for part of "American Gods" was filmed in the village where I work. They paid my church $4000 to allow them to put up a sign saying it was a Catholic church for Laura Moon's funeral. You can now call me Pope Juan if you wish - for $4000. We were also the scene for some of "11-22-63" and various movies such as "The Dead Zone". The money is very useful and the catering gives a decent lunch.

murciagull

Nov 27, 2006
Murcia
Aain not sure if mentioned just started watching Sense8 hard going to start off but getting inti it now.

wilki123

Jan 25, 2017
This is pretty obscure, top marks from me. “Love/Hate is an Irish dramatic television series broadcast on RTÉ Television. The show aired between 2010 and 2014 on RTÉ.The show depicts fictional characters in Dublin's criminal underworld.”

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
On Netflix, I just discovered this series, it's brilliant. I'm not a sci-fi obsessive and there is far more to this than just that aspect.

View attachment 85789

Second series on the way soon. Fantastic viewing and not one of the child cast are annoying or irritating in the slightest. No mean feat.

No spoilers from me but come back to discuss when you've finished it.

Sometimes right, sometimes wrong but ALWAYS certain

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
"The night of" - new HBO series that I would really recommend. A young Pakistani student borrows his father's taxi to go to a party. On the way he meets a girl, goes back to her apartment, gets stoned and wakes up to find she has been murdered. He then becomes the prime suspect for her murder. First 2 episodes have been very good with some great performances from a relatively unknown cast including John Turturro as the budget lawyer. It's got all the trademark HBO touches. Based on BBC series 'Criminal Justice'

Because of you I've just started this. It is excellent. Riz Ahmed's been knocking around for a while now and has made some really good semi-under the radar stuff. Thanks!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm looking for a not quite teen drama series to replace Supergirl and soon Dr Who, for Stat Club Jnrs.
Stat jnr is a fan of Merlin, but Lil Miss Stat less so.
They were the only viewers of Atlantis.

Staying superhero I thought I was onto something with Smallville, but Kodi didn't have a stream, for the pilot episode.
I think Flash disappears up it's own convoluted timey-wimey backside rather quickly.

I know there's loads to chose from but my mind has drawn a blank, not helped by scrolling through Kodi and only seeing shows that seemed above their age group.

Any help in flagging up the 'of course, why didn't I think of that' show(s) would be greatly appreciated.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
I'm looking for a not quite teen drama series to replace Supergirl and soon Dr Who, for Stat Club Jnrs.
Stat jnr is a fan of Merlin, but Lil Miss Stat less so.
They were the only viewers of Atlantis.

Staying superhero I thought I was onto something with Smallville, but Kodi didn't have a stream, for the pilot episode.
I think Flash disappears up it's own convoluted timey-wimey backside rather quickly.

I know there's loads to chose from but my mind has drawn a blank, not helped by scrolling through Kodi and only seeing shows that seemed above their age group.

Any help in flagging up the 'of course, why didn't I think of that' show(s) would be greatly appreciated.

What about Arrow? Created by the same people. I haven't seen it myself but have heard it's enjoyably enjoyable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here