Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ST holders - how many home league games will you have missed this season?

How many home league games will you have missed this season?

Votes: 80 31.3%

Votes: 59 23.0%

Votes: 49 19.1%

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • 4-5

Votes: 24 9.4%
  • 6-10

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • 11-15

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • 16+

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I missed the Barnsley game, as I was in New York.

Was slightly confused when I was sat down to breakfast and my phone buzzed in my pocket. "Who the hell is texting me over here?" thought I.

It turned out to be a GOAL alert. Murray had just scored, and I didn't even realise we were playing. That made for a very happy breakfast (eggs benedict, in case you were wondering).

That's blooming freaky. I missed the same game as was also in New York and sat in a cafe just off Central Park eating eggs benedict. I remember thinking how weird it was at that time in morning constantly refreshing twitter!! Set me up for the day though with the result.

Also missed first game of season due to holiday. That's all

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
One, can't remember who it was against but it was midweek, I was ill and couldn't face not getting home until midnight.

Being ill is NO excuse flagellation.gif

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
I've missed 10 due to being based in the Midlands but (don't tell the club this) I have a friend who generally uses my ticket when I can't.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That's blooming freaky. I missed the same game as was also in New York and sat in a cafe just off Central Park eating eggs benedict. I remember thinking how weird it was at that time in morning constantly refreshing twitter!! Set me up for the day though with the result.

That IS odd. I was in a diner in lower Manhattan.
Eggs benedict in NYC...its the bomb. So damn good.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Two; Forest and Derby.

Was at Bloodstock for Forest and in Morocco for the Derby game. Hoping we are away first game next season as I am away for that aswell.

Did you like Morocco and did you feel safe ?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I missed one and a half last season. Usually reckon to miss one a season with a lurgy. Went to two with raging toothache this season.

Others known ot have missed more than a handful this season, almost entirely due to Southern Rail. Twice I had to take a taxi in because the trains were not running. And a third game, I had to cycle 16 miles round trip.

I reckon a 6% non attendance would apply to me, and so a 10% non-attendance or 2000 empty seats would not be unusual.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Did you like Morocco and did you feel safe ?

Yes went to Essaouira. Got to be honest found my first experience of market day slightly overwhelming to begin with. Once I got used to it, I loved it though. Very friendly people and a fascinating place. Am hoping to go back at some point.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I'd bet my right bollock that most ST holders who live a fair bit out of Brighton would miss most midweek games:)

Hate to deprive you of a vital part of your anatomy but I definitely live a fair bit out of Brighton ( 80+ miles ) and this will be my 5th full season of home attendance at the Amex. The only blip was when a nasty opponent known as the Big C, sneaked up on my blind side and caught me unawares. The devilish swine caused me to miss 3-4 home games before he was sent packing.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
A similar poll on the number of away games attended would be interesting.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
A similar poll on the number of away games attended would be interesting.

You would need two categories for this poll, one for those who reside in the Brighton area and another for supporters who live outside say a 100 mile radius.

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
Leeds because I was ill and I think I missed forest because they said there was no trains and it wasn't until gone 6 when I saw they'd changed their mind so didn't bother rushing over as it was on tv

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here