Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] ***Sussex CCC v Leicestershire CCC, LVCC Div2, Hove, 4-7 September 2018,10.30 KO's***

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Twenty two wickets fell on day 1, at Taunton :eek:

12 to spin (7 of them to Jack Leach). Must be turning square.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Hopefully we will get a quick 20-30 runs and then its down to see of our bowlers can get the line and length right. Would have been perfect set up for a pressure bowler like Magoffin of Lewry.

Whats the weather like back there today.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Hopefully we will get a quick 20-30 runs and then its down to see of our bowlers can get the line and length right. Would have been perfect set up for a pressure bowler like Magoffin of Lewry.

Whats the weather like back there today.

Very overcast this morning with rain not far away.... not great batting conditions.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Not looking too promising over the border in Canterbury for Kent's game.

[tweet]1037248822680989697[/tweet]

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Always amusing listening to the pre-game chat on internet, especially when they don't realise the mics are on....

Some effin and jeffin going on.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Amazed that they have started on time at Hove.

Wouldn't be playing at the Saffs... Must be a bowling day - has worked out nicely for Sussex. Hope we take full advantage.

Just heard on commentary, however, that players from both sides last night talked about the pitch being a very good one. Having been there yesterday I am a bit surprised by that but, on reflection, I suppose 323-8 is not far off the sort of first day score that people want to see and does constitute a "proper pitch". Unlike the one at Canterbury.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Amazed that they have started on time at Hove.

Wouldn't be playing at the Saffs... Must be a bowling day - has worked out nicely for Sussex. Hope we take full advantage.

Just heard on commentary, however, that players from both sides last night talked about the pitch being a very good one. Having been there yesterday I am a bit surprised by that but, on reflection, I suppose 323-8 is not far off the sort of first day score that people want to see and does constitute a "proper pitch". Unlike the one at Canterbury.

The ESPN report mentioned that Sussex were saved by the stand between Jordan and Brown against a weakened attack on a decent wicket.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
The ESPN report mentioned that Sussex were saved by the stand between Jordan and Brown against a weakened attack on a decent wicket.
Yes that fits with the player reactions. I guess it is all relative. I was surprised to see the occasional ball keeping very low from the seamers (definitely did for Finch and Archer - and probably Wright...) and also some suggestion of early turn for the spinners... but I suppose a lack of sideways movement and the majority of balls coming onto the bat nicely are what qualifies it as a decent pitch.

Sussex heading for 350 and beyond suggests it must be a belter...!! :)

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Yes that fits with the player reactions. I guess it is all relative. I was surprised to see the occasional ball keeping very low from the seamers (definitely did for Finch and Archer - and probably Wright...) and also some suggestion of early turn for the spinners... but I suppose a lack of sideways movement and the majority of balls coming onto the bat nicely are what qualifies it as a decent pitch.

Sussex heading for 350 and beyond suggests it must be a belter...!! :)

Need helpful ovehead conditions. Plus of course Archer is a level faster than most other country seamers.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I thought Brown was caught in the slips. But Brown standing his ground.
That was a very interesting incident.

Is the logical end point of DRS usage in televised matches and borderline cheating by fielding teams in terms of how they appeal and try to get wickets by hook or by crook.

So much ambiguity and gross hypocrisy in the morals of cricket.. ;) The same player who would never dream of walking himself feels perfectly entitled to dish out abuse to an opposing batsman who does exactly the same thing..!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here