Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dan Burn - New Centre Back

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I would imagine this means Ben White will now head out on loan - although doesn't have to be done today of course.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
No disrespect to Danny boy but it's a bit "meh" isn't it, I guess because he'll be 4th choice I guess that's the kind of signing it was going to be.
I don't think Dan will threaten the Duffy/Dunk combo but will do a decent job if called upon. Job done I suppose.

Nixon on twitter saying it's done but then we'll loan him back there? What's the point of that?

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
No disrespect to Danny boy but it's a bit "meh" isn't it, I guess because he'll be 4th choice I guess that's the kind of signing it was going to be.
I don't think Dan will threaten the Duffy/Dunk combo but will do a decent job if called upon. Job done I suppose.

Nixon on twitter saying it's done but then we'll loan him back there? What's the point of that?

Still think we are after Moore.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Burn was highly rated at Fulham but he's never really justified it. Still got his bets years ahead of him so good for cover I suppose.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
[tweet] 1027503406548746240[/tweet]

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Jeez. ‘Kin hell. Shows the importance of having 8 HGP doesn’t it.
Will be useful to throw on upfront for final 10 minutes when we’re losing.
Err and that he probably won’t start any games. :albion2:

Though arguably none of the ‘4th choice’ ones we’ve been looking at would.

Anyway, disappointed that you think we’ll be in a losing position at any stage this season [emoji1][emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Alan Nixon saying we will buy him and loan him straight back to Wigan!!!! How weird is that?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Having a loan back option seems rather a strange one. It's not like he's a nineteen year old.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
I would imagine this means Ben White will now head out on loan - although doesn't have to be done today of course.

I really don't understand this.
Why spend £3 million quid on a 4th choice CB who will only start 4-5 games this season, when Hughton could allow one of the youngsters the experience and opportunity to be involved with the first team.
Ben White proved last season he was good enough to play league football, obviously not Prem League football just yet. It just would be nice to see our youth given a chance sometime soon.
I can see Ben White turning into another Steve Cook!

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Why spend £3 million quid on a 4th choice CB who will only start 4-5 games this season, when Hughton could allow one of the youngsters the experience and opportunity to be involved with the first team.
Ben White proved last season he was good enough to play league football, obviously not Prem League football just yet. It just would be nice to see our youth given a chance sometime soon.
I can see Ben White turning into another Steve Cook!

Surely White will improve more by playing week in week out in the EFL than sitting on our bench?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

What one is it? Surely it is better development for a young player to play regularly in the tough Football League environment, rather than travelling around and sitting on benches week in week out, with the odd U23 game ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here