Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Union Saint-Gilloise

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
If I were Tony Bloom I would be sending a handful of players out there to win promotion. If the side were playing in the top division they would be a much better asset to own.

Our 18-21 year old hopefuls could gain some valuable playing time and match experience.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Enjoy the trip - & the U S-G ... "cheerleaders"?!

Attachments

• 550d3a3d35707e3e94048f5c.jpg
    550d3a3d35707e3e94048f5c.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 1,013

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
He won’t get a work permit next year either then, not with a year in Belgium Div 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Has anyone on NSC been, a couple of us are going 12th October for the weekend. I presume it's POTG.
Any recommendations for match day beer and best place in the ground.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Has anyone on NSC been, a couple of us are going 12th October for the weekend. I presume it's POTG.
Any recommendations for match day beer and best place in the ground.

saw them a few weeks ago but they were away unfortunately - the stadium looks unreal though and will 100% be POTG.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The more I see of USG and its ground, the more I like it - and also see the obvious benefits of (informal) links with the Albion, especially now that our Perce has gone there for a season to get a work permit. That is an obvious possibility for future interesting signings form lesser footballing nations -they may not turn us into a top six club, but they'll definitely make us more interesting! And there are commercial possibilities in those countries too - look at the interest in Iran and SA this season.

And what an opportunity to send a youngster or two out there to get a bit of experience of playing and living - and growing up - abroad? Half a season there, with decent wages - what a fabulous learning experience for a young man!

Bearing in mind all this, I'm really struggling to understand why TB should have wanted to come out with his insistence that we - as a club - would have nothing to do with them. Why the f*** not? Or if we are going to use the connections and have a relationship with USG, why go to so much trouble to deny it?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The more I see of USG and its ground, the more I like it - and also see the obvious benefits of (informal) links with the Albion, especially now that our Perce has gone there for a season to get a work permit. That is an obvious possibility for future interesting signings form lesser footballing nations -they may not turn us into a top six club, but they'll definitely make us more interesting! And there are commercial possibilities in those countries too - look at the interest in Iran and SA this season.

And what an opportunity to send a youngster or two out there to get a bit of experience of playing and living - and growing up - abroad? Half a season there, with decent wages - what a fabulous learning experience for a young man!

Bearing in mind all this, I'm really struggling to understand why TB should have wanted to come out with his insistence that we - as a club - would have nothing to do with them. Why the f*** not? Or if we are going to use the connections and have a relationship with USG, why go to so much trouble to deny it?

Probably it's a bit of a potentially sensitive subject for USG fans - who could jump to the conclusion they've been relegated in status to a feeder club. Not a good PR start, so I'm sure any connections would be handled softly, softly on a case by case basis, and not broadcast too much.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Probably it's a bit of a potentially sensitive subject for USG fans - who could jump to the conclusion they've been relegated in status to a feeder club. Not a good PR start, so I'm sure any connections would be handled softly, softly on a case by case basis, and not broadcast too much.
Hmmmm........you make a decent case. But, if you were struggling along in Belgium division two, in a ground with trees growing out of the stands, wouldn't you welcome a benevolent investor? Enquiries to Brighton fans surely wouldn't have discouraged you from embracing TB's involvement, Shirley? He could only be good news.

TBH, for a struggling 2nd. division Belgian club, being a feeder club for an English PL team would be a massive step up, wouldn't it?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009

I'm not sure Tony is allowed to have a secondary club that benefits the Albion

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here