Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Memories of Being a Kid - #Nostalgia Alert

I'll stick with under age 6....

First day back at school in September and the pavements were always frosty.

The winter of 62, walking to Rottingdene village to buy milk and bread (with my dad - a bit cruel to send a 4 year old out on his own in *that* snow).

The Navy lark

Muriel Young

Clear soup

(later) playing football in Easthill park until it got dark

Rupert annuals

Smith's crisps, soon to be replaced by Golden Wonder

With you there on the Navy Lark "...left hand down a bit........", what were your views on the "Men From The Ministry? Radio 2 (ore perhaps even Light Programme?), 1400 Sunday afternoons.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
With you there on the Navy Lark "...left hand down a bit........", what were your views on the "Men From The Ministry? Radio 2 (ore perhaps even Light Programme?), 1400 Sunday afternoons.

I was quite young so my memories are vague. It probably whooshed me, having just looked it up. Sounds a little too dry. I certainly remember Jon Pertwee on the radio a lot, with his myriad of ludicrous voices, so ludicrous I was appalled when he became Dr Who!..... all the best :thumbsup:

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Free Form Inflatables

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta

Loved The Men from the Ministry and still do with repeats currently running on BBC IPlayer. Richard Murdoch and Deryck Guyler were very funny.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Used to love The Navy Lark - after 50 years I can still remember the cast (Stephen Murray, Leslie Phillips, Jon Pertwee, Heather Chasen and Richard Caldicott). And if that wasn't on, then The Clitheroe Kid was (Jimmy Clitheroe, Molly Sugden, Tony Melody and Alfie Hall) - it's amazing how much I can recall.

Used to like Round the Horne - although most of the filthier jokes went over my head

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
Juke Box Jury and Dixon of Dock Green after the football results and Sports Report on the radio from 5-6pm on Saturday evenings.
Take it from Here including the Glums with the gormless Ron Glum a Frank Spencer forerunner.
Fishing in lots of lakes, ponds and rivers mainly in mid-Sussex and also off the end of The Palace Pier.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here