Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

england squad for denmark friendly

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
England squad: same old crap
Goalkeepers: Fraser Forster (Celtic), Ben Foster (West Bromwich Albion), Joe Hart (Manchester City), John Ruddy (Norwich City).

Defenders: Leighton Baines (Everton), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Steven Caulker (Cardiff City), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Luke Shaw (Southampton), Chris Smalling (Manchester United), Kyle Walker (Tottenham Hotspur).

Midfielders: Ross Barkley (Everton), Michael Carrick (Manchester United), Tom Cleverley (Manchester United), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Adam Lallana (Southampton), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), James Milner (Manchester City), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal), Raheem Sterling (Liverpool), Andros Townsend (Tottenham Hotspur), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal).

Forwards: Jermain Defoe (Toronto FC), Rickie Lambert (Southampton), Jay Rodriguez (Southampton), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Daniel Sturridge (Liverpool), Daniel Welbeck (Manchester United).

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
Livid that Cleverley is even being considered... Jay Rodriguez isn't good enough and why are we using 3 left backs??! Do we not have a CB that needs a bit of international experience other than Cahill and Smalling?!!

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Henderson, Gerrard, Sturridge, Sterling - all part of the highest scoring team in the Premiership. Surely good for England? Tell Rooney to play the Suarez role (apart from the biting) and you may have England winning things. That said the useless ******* in charge won't see it that way. Simple. Innit.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Livid that Cleverley is even being considered... Jay Rodriguez isn't good enough and why are we using 3 left backs??! Do we not have a CB that needs a bit of international experience other than Cahill and Smalling?!!

Because one of the left-backs isn't playing at all and the other is still recovering from an injury.

Good squad but no way Cleverley shoud be in there, and i would have liked Adam Johnson to be given a chance.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Henderson, Gerrard, Sturridge, Sterling - all part of the highest scoring team in the Premiership. Surely good for England? Tell Rooney to play the Suarez role (apart from the biting) and you may have England winning things. That said the useless ******* in charge won't see it that way. Simple. Innit.

That's exactly my thinking. We should exploit the understanding they have and maybe the England team won't look like a bunch of strangers for once.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A point made by [MENTION=6109]rusty redeyes[/MENTION] last night - if Cleverley played for a Cardiff or a West Brom, he would not have a SNIFF of being in an England squad.

F
A
C
T

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Why no Barry ?

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
SEVEN central midfielders, of whom only 2 will play at a time.

One of whom is Tom Cleverley, which means that arguably the most in-form English player, Adam Johnson, misses out.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Bloody hell, that is SUCH a weak squad - possibly the weakest in my lifetime.

Really?

I'm not sure it's that bad.
We actually have quite a few players who are inform and playing well in the premier league at the moment i'm not sure we had that last year.

seagullmouse

Jan 3, 2011
- we are lucky to have 3 good left backs, I say leave Cole at home and look to future
- Adam Johnson should be in there for Cleverley.
- The rest picks itself

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Bloody hell, that is SUCH a weak squad - possibly the weakest in my lifetime.

Depends how old you are, but I would be inclined to disagree: Shaw, Barkley, Sterling, Sturridge, Lallana, Rodriguez, Milner, even Henderson - all either emerging players or players in a rich vein of form.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Its not a bad squad....and I applaud Rodriduez and Shaw getting opportunities.

But how Tom Cleverly is there is beyond me.

For all the joking, Jordan Henderson has been excellent for Liverpool. Even Jonjo Shelvey and Tom Huddlestone deserve callups ahead of Cleverly.

Adam Johnson must be SEETHING.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Last tournament, Liverpool had just had a really poor season and he took loads of Liverpool players.

No doubt this season he's going to take loads of Man U. Will he ever learn?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here