Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time for the QUESTION - Have you lost FAITH in Oscar

have you lost faith in Oscar as manager ?

• I've lost faith

Votes: 100 41.8%
  • I've still got faith in Oscar

Votes: 139 58.2%

• Total voters

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I would imagine that a lot, like me, have had enough of the constant negativity at The Amex. .

I've certainly had enough of the negativity. From the fans. It's ruining the season. We've been up and around the playoff places all year and yet seem to enter matches with so many people just waiting for their first excuse to get on the players' backs.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
I'm losing faith but not sure in what, something is not right at the club and it's not just three defeats in a week but more the demeanour of the players and manager. Don't know about anyone else but as soon as I arrived yesterday it felt flat and pretty much from kick off it just felt like we were going to lose. We all knew when they scored first it was over and it we even knew when we got a penalty it was going to be missed, don't ask how we knew but pretty much everyone behind the goal in the north was prepared for that. It's a great club and a million miles away from the old days but at least there was some passion from the players and fans, something, for me anyway, has been missing recently. Ultimately it will be the manager who gets the blame but it is up to TB to sort it out and quickly before next season starts.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
He had seen Stephens play for Charlton and the other two have Premier experience so I think yes.

Ok look at the loan signings of Obika and Lita they must have been spotted and recommended and Oscar said to Burke "let's do a deal".

My concern is close season he will have a budget and with this track record how wisely will it be spent.

isn't it more a question of he would say the type of player he wants and burke identifies the actual player...so burke does the actual recommending ..i presume oscar can then actually say no!

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
I've certainly had enough of the negativity. From the fans. It's ruining the season. We've been up and around the playoff places all year and yet seem to enter matches with so many people just waiting for their first excuse to get on the players' backs.

I'm glad you are enjoying the current displays but people are have not waited for the first excuse the displays have been abject most of this season. The fans have stuck with Garcia all season and now they have had enough. Most will take losing but it's the manner in which you lose. The negativity shown by the crowd is the result of OG's negative attitude and tactics. Personally I don't mind not being in the playoffs (if we don't get in) but I do want to see some positivity from the manager especially at The Amex!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I'm glad you are enjoying the current displays but people are have not waited for the first excuse the displays have been abject most of this season. The fans have stuck with Garcia all season and now they have had enough. Most will take losing but it's the manner in which you lose. The negativity shown by the crowd is the result of OG's negative attitude and tactics. Personally I don't mind not being in the playoffs (if we don't get in) but I do want to see some positivity from the manager especially at The Amex!

I find the current displays far less irritating than supporters who think that booing and moaning somehow helps. When the fans are on a player's back and he has two options: risky forward pass or safe sideways pass, which is he more likely to take?

The incredible thing is that some people don't seem to realise that a poisonous atmosphere only fuels the lack of confidence that is hampering the team at home currently.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I have no doubts whatsoever that Oscar is the right man for the job. Four points outside the play offs with a game in hand will not change that!

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

This

I have no doubts whatsoever that Oscar is the right man for the job. Four points outside the play offs with a game in hand will not change that!

And this.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I find the current displays far less irritating than supporters who think that booing and moaning somehow helps. When the fans are on a player's back and he has two options: risky forward pass or safe sideways pass, which is he more likely to take?

The incredible thing is that some people don't seem to realise that a poisonous atmosphere only fuels the lack of confidence that is hampering the team at home currently.
Works both ways pal, if the players occasionally did something noteworthy the crowd would be behind them, but all the while they serve us this boring turgid football fans are going to find it very hard to get excited.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Works both ways pal, if the players occasionally did something noteworthy the crowd would be behind them, but all the while they serve us this boring turgid football fans are going to find it very hard to get excited.

Yep. Catch 22. As you say, works both ways. If the fans whipped up a decent atmosphere, hostile to the opposition rather than their own team, it might just give the players an edge too.

Pal.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Yep. Catch 22. As you say, works both ways. If the fans whipped up a decent atmosphere, hostile to the opposition rather than their own team, it might just give the players an edge too.

Pal.

It's quite difficult to get excited by something that isn't there, we're by no means the most vocal fans anyway, take away any level of excitement and it's going to be very quiet :)
I think it's safe to say we're very unlikely to ever create a hostile atmosphere at the Amex.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Difficult one. Was never as excited as some on here so perhaps had lower expectations to start with. Found the approach in some of our games - particularly at home - frustrating.

But I'll be happy enough with a top ten finish and the team showing some signs of progression in the remaining fixtures. On that basis, still have faith. Might change if the decline over the last few games continues until the season's end. But happy to give management team the benefit of the doubt until then.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Right, yes, let's sack him. And get this British manager everyone craves in. Until he loses a few games in a row, then let's sack him... and so on and so on and so on....

****ing hell, shut up.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
I've found most of the football this season quite boring to watch with occassional glimpses of quality. I still can't fathom what style/pattern of play Oscar wants. I'm hoping that a full pre season and the opportunity to clear out the dead wood and bring his own players in will define how he wants the team to play. One more season for me before I decide whether he is any good or not.

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
personally I do not have faith in anything
do I think he could do a better job yes
do I think he could do a worse job yes

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Yes but also Burke and the cock Barber. Barber couldn't give a **** about the fans. He cares about where the cash is coming from.

I disagree with you about Barber. He may make some unpopular decisions but the way he gets back to fans (in some cases within minutes) is impressive and demonstrates that he does give a **** about the fan's experiences and what they think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here