Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Agree, hope not. Think he’s decent - we’re just not getting the ball to him enough (Propper and Stephens need to ping him more balls to run on to).

https://twitter.com/bbcsussexsport/status/952198755251613698

He wasn't alone, but Izquierdo was hopeless yesterday. Along with several others -- Duffy, Bong, Baldock -- his shortcomings as a footballer in terms of controlling the ball was clearly exposed yesterday. It didn't help that others who are better on the ball -- Bruno, Knockaert -- were also tosh yesterday. In my view, Izquierdo has had one stunning game, but hasn't exactly done much beyond that. He's utterly predictable. Has he ever put a cross in, has he ever gone down the left to the touchline? March came on and was easily our most accomplished player yesterday.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He wasn't alone, but Izquierdo was hopeless yesterday. Along with several others -- Duffy, Bong, Baldock -- his shortcomings as a footballer in terms of controlling the ball was clearly exposed yesterday. It didn't help that others who are better on the ball -- Bruno, Knockaert -- were also tosh yesterday. In my view, Izquierdo has had one stunning game, but hasn't exactly done much beyond that. He's utterly predictable. Has he ever put a cross in, has he ever gone down the left to the touchline? March came on and was easily our most accomplished player yesterday.

Dont agree with your assessment of March as I thought that for the time he was on the field Baldock was our best and offered us most chance of getting back into the game.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Do you know what? If we have signed genuinely good players with potential, that could be very exciting to watch unfold. OK we’d have the disappointment of relegation and the angst of losing our best players BUT watching the youngsters, with a few old heads, storm the Championship would be fun.

Well, we keep signing players, but where are the signs of any potential being realised? Not in results, that's for sure. Ben Hall, Jordan Davies, Steven Alzate, Ales Mateju, Soufyan Ahannach - all arrived with varying degrees of fanfare, but I don't hear too much about the great promise they're showing in the U23s.. Viktor Gyokeres is presumably the latest signing never to be heard of again ... Maybe AZ Gull can update us.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well, we keep signing players, but where are the signs of any potential being realised? Not in results, that's for sure. Ben Hall, Jordan Davies, Steven Alzate, Ales Mateju, Soufyan Ahannach - all arrived with varying degrees of fanfare, but I don't hear too much about the great promise they're showing in the U23s.. Viktor Gyokeres is presumably the latest signing never to be heard of again ... Maybe AZ Gull can update us.

Yes that is a concern, we have quantity but the quality does not appear to be forthcoming yet

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

Ahannach may be going on loan to Sparta Rotterdam I believe.

Karl Toko-Ekambe, one of our reported targets, had a good game for Angers today - could see that situation developing. 10 goals so far this season.
The Andone deal is also not as "off" as Naylor would have us believe.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
He was exceptional at times against Championship full backs.

When you're aiming for one (1) player in a crowd of six or seven top defenders... no bloody wonder your percentage of successful crosses deteriorates... along with your confidence. We simply must commit more bodies forward, or we'll be commiting all bodies to the Championship.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
When you're aiming for one (1) player in a crowd of six or seven top defenders... no bloody wonder your percentage of successful crosses deteriorates... along with your confidence. We simply must commit more bodies forward, or we'll be commiting all bodies to the Championship.

Obviously helps if you clear the first man, but yes, having nothing to aim at doesn’t help, the same argument applies to our other wingers as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Ahannach may be going on loan to Sparta Rotterdam I believe.

Karl Toko-Ekambe, one of our reported targets, had a good game for Angers today - could see that situation developing. 10 goals so far this season.
The Andone deal is also not as "off" as Naylor would have us believe.

How do you know? (Can’t bring myself to say sauce for source!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here