Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Just been out in the garden and there is a frog orgy going on. They clearly think it is Spring. That's winter done for me, the frogs know.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I don't think my hunch is going to come off. It will get colder by the end of next week but nowhere near cold enough. We are back in the relentless SW wind and rain very mild we have had for 3 months bar 1 week in January. No, I am sorry the game is up now, after mid feb the days are too long, sun too strong for any prolonged period of cold and snow. It has been a shocker of a winter, probably about 4 C above normal, by far the warmest ever but we did get 1, 3C max by day and 1, - 6C min by night so that was it

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Any news Papa on at least a frost any time soon?

There are signs of some amplification of the pattern and blocking in ten days time (roughly), but far too uncertain at the moment. Will start with a northerly behind a low pressure, so we need it to be potent to get real cold down here

Drpepper

Nov 23, 2011
Sussex
So any signs of winter weather before we hit spring? Or is our winter going to stay mild cloudy and wet with the exeption of 1 week in jan

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
There are signs of some amplification of the pattern and blocking in ten days time (roughly), but far too uncertain at the moment. Will start with a northerly behind a low pressure, so we need it to be potent to get real cold down here

how are signs progressing? not too well I'm guessing?

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Have a look. Still potential, but nothing worth reporting really

graphe_ens3_kny1.gif

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
I've just seen Saturday's forecast (BBC and Met Office) which suggests that there could be snow (at least in Bedfordshire where I live). Can any of our resident weather sages corroborate this forecast?

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I've just seen Saturday's forecast (BBC and Met Office) which suggests that there could be snow (at least in Bedfordshire where I live). Can any of our resident weather sages corroborate this forecast?

Saturday looks a tricky mess. there's going to be a low pressure system sliding across southern England, which will give almost exclusively rain down here, but it WILL be dragging in somewhat cooler air from the East, and on the northern edge there could be snow, and even further south as it pulls away (and introduces a short lived cold northerly flow).

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Saturday looks a tricky mess. there's going to be a low pressure system sliding across southern England, which will give almost exclusively rain down here, but it WILL be dragging in somewhat cooler air from the East, and on the northern edge there could be snow, and even further south as it pulls away (and introduces a short lived cold northerly flow).

The classic slider low that were it not for a lack of pesky cold air would have given absolutely bucket loads of sky charlie.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The classic slider low that were it not for a lack of pesky cold air would have given absolutely bucket loads of sky charlie.

Indeed. A classic 80s winter setup, just lacking any actual cold ****ing air!

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The back end of next week looks interesting down here, with some runs taking 850hpa temps down near -10C and 30% snow % appearing.

graphe_ens3_qvn5.gif

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here