Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Rolling Stones

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Went to the concert in London last. Unbelievable that at 74 plus they can put on such a good performance.:blush:

Ozymandias86

Jun 24, 2011
Kanazawa
Taking my dad on Friday :rock: Heard good reports from colleagues of last night - Mick and Keith on top form, and apparently Liam Gallagher even being pretty cheerful in his supporting role!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have seen them in the past and they always put on a great, and surprisingly energetic, show. Enjoy.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I have seen them in the past and they always put on a great, and surprisingly energetic, show. Enjoy.

Seen them around eight times live and never disappointed

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Went to AC/DC last summer with Axl Rose fronting...those boys are knocking on too but can still rock.

Rolling Stones are an enigma to me..great Licks but Jaggers voice makes my teeth itch.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Went to AC/DC last summer with Axl Rose fronting...those boys are knocking on too but can still rock.

Rolling Stones are an enigma to me..great Licks but Jaggers voice makes my teeth itch.

Went to AC/DC at the london stadium with Axl fronting them and agree they are still fantastic live although prefer Brian Johnson fronting them .
Also saw the Stones at Hyde park a few years ago and they are just a different gravy. Superb.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Seen them around eight times live and never disappointed

Totally agree. 4 times for me. Wembley on the Voodoo Lounge, Twickenham and Hamburg on Bigger Bang and Glastonbury. Took a very sceptic missus to Twickers, she was expecting an elderly pub-rock band, but was blown away by the show, amazed at Mick’s energy, and a total convert at the end. Their astonishing back catalogue helps.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Hope they've learned a bit since I saw them in 1972 then. They were a big name then, so some atmosphere and sense of occasion, but musically they were an average pub band at best.

I can't count the number of bands I've seen better.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Is Lisa Fischer still singing with The Stones?
My god she is good, a star in her own right.
Saw her 3 times with Luther Vandross live, incredible voice.

el punal

Hope they've learned a bit since I saw them in 1972 then. They were a big name then, so some atmosphere and sense of occasion, but musically they were an average pub band at best.

I can't count the number of bands I've seen better.

It was around 1971 I could have seen them at the Big Apple (the old Regency Ballroom in Queens Road). Tickets were going for 50p - we’d just changed to decimal currency then. I sat on my arse for too long and missed out on a ticket.

Did anyone go or remember anything about the Big Apple? I saw Donovan there and was very unimpressed with him.

Binney on acid

NSC Patreon
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
It was around 1971 I could have seen them at the Big Apple (the old Regency Ballroom in Queens Road). Tickets were going for 50p - we’d just changed to decimal currency then. I sat on my arse for too long and missed out on a ticket.

Did anyone go or remember anything about the Big Apple? I saw Donovan there and was very unimpressed with him.

I attended loads of concerts there, starting with Donovan. I saw 'Tthe Rolling accountants' on 10 March 1971 at the Big Apple. Tickets cost 80p and they were supported by the Groundhogs.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
Seen the Stones 20 plus times - they get better and better (or slicker). Most people don't go for the music, just the atmosphere.

They are real showmen and always pull out the stops and put in an extra effort when back home in London (Hyde Park, Wembley, Twickenham, The O2 and Earl's Court - circa 1976).

I was a slow-starter and first saw them at Bingley Hall, Stafford, in May 1976. At the time, the venue was mainly used for cattle and livestock shows.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Went to the concert in London last. Unbelievable that at 74 plus they can put on such a good performance.:blush:

Will just echo the OP. I finally got to see them on Tuesday and they were sensational. Exceeded every expectation I had of them. I know they are are in their 70s, but you'd never know. if you can grab a ticket for tomorrow, do so, you will not regret it.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
I’m going on Friday to London and also Southampton on Tuesday. I actually think I have a spare ticket for the Southampton show going for face value (£35) if anyone wants one.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

I saw the stones there as we were woken up by a friendly policeman who saw people pushing in.
I remember seeing TRex there and although I am sure I went there several times, cannot remember who I saw !
The sprung dance floor caused the light towers to sway if the crowd started jumping up and down!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here