Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Official 2018 World Cup Betting Thread

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Given the announcements of some of the squads it would seem a reasonable time to start on this.

Regarding the outright, my rather uninspired thoughts are that a potential semi final between Spain and Germany could well provide the winner. I can't really split them at present and so the 13/2 Spain will be my opening gambit.

More niche thoughts as and when....

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Further interests:

Spain and Brazil finalists @ 20/1 (Bet 365)
Senegal Group H @ 9/2 (Bet 365) - surely just Jose's Colombia to beat? Poland ridiculously short at 15/8 best.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Poland @ 5/1 to exit at QF stage (all they need to do is survive the group and negotiate England or Belgium) or 18/1 to go out at SF stage.
Suarez TGS @25/1

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Messi for overall top goalscorer is massive at 12/1 on Betfair
Should be more like a 5 or 6/1 shot
Muller also e/w as he always seems to be thereabouts in big tournaments

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Egypt to get out of Group A looks tempting. They have Russia, Uruguay and Saudi. They also have Mo Salah, so the 6.2 (5/1 ish) looks like a good bet to me.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Egypt to get out of Group A looks tempting. They have Russia, Uruguay and Saudi. They also have Mo Salah, so the 6.2 (5/1 ish) looks like a good bet to me.

That's to win the group. Qualifying price is around 5/4 generally.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Sorry, you're right. I meant to top the group. I had been looking for the price on them to qualify but preferred the odds of them topping it.

I agree, the group winner price appeals more than the 5/4 to qualify. That group could well be a watch the market situation. If an avalanche of money appears in Asia for Russia in their games then it is probably worth following.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
This will liven up now no doubt especially with the Racing Post Pullout in the paper today.

Costa Rica Top Tournament Scorer:

Venegas
Waston

9/1 and 40/1 if Skybet will accommodate you.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Golden Boot winner is usually based on bagging 3 or 4 in the group games. Uruguay's group looks shit. If they had just one stand-out striker, then he'd be a great bet for TGS. The tricky part is that they have both Suarez and Cavani. (both 25/1 on BV)

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Careful with the Golden Boot, Hans. It is not quite the same as Tournament Top Scorer. (GB pays out on most assists in the event of a tie.)

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Bet Cavani though of the two (imo.) Suarez, for all his obvious faults, is much more of a team player than Cavani.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Group winners acca:

A. URU
B. ESP
D. ARG
E. BRA
F. GER
G. ENG
H. COL

£2 returns £62

Left out group C as don't have the confidence in France to take the very skinny 1/4 offered.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Oh dear, this Spain situation is not good for my wagers.

Joined in with Cavani top scorer and already on Isco.

Denmark/Australia dual forecast for the shock.

Smaller outright bets on Uruguay and Serbia.

Rogic top scorer for Oz.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here