Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The classic .... 'I got found out' response. You know, "Oh come on guys, it was a jolly jape, so clever, I had you all along". I was bored this morning so spent some time finding threads that you have contributed too .... either as Nibble or The Clamp ( although [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION] did a far better job than me ). It is telling how often you resort to insults and how quickly. You don't do the remain argument any favours. You've got clearly intelligent posters arguing the remain cause ( [MENTION=34106]ManOfSussex[/MENTION] and [MENTION=635]Gary Nelson[/MENTION]'s Teacher to name but two ) and then we get the likes of you and Plooks ( who is either you or possibly your love child ) shouting liars, idiots, spackt**d, racist, stupid and cowards. It's pathetic. Maybe you could carry out your promise to leave the UK - you're not needed here by either remainers or leavers - the EU are welcome to you. I suggest you do it soon as I'm not sure the EU will decide it wants failed acting liars.

I've really got up your nose, haven't I!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I've really got up your nose, haven't I!
Your opinion of yourself really is at odds with everybody else's opinion of you.

You may be a stupid failed-actor and all-round no-mark who loses his temper every single time he comes onto this thread, but it's the blatant lying I can't stand. You aggressively challenged me to prove something and when this was proven beyond all doubt, you still didn't have the class to admit your blatant lying, and have now moved onto insinuating that you're a remarkably clever WUM. You're not. You're a thick, boring tosser that nobody has any respect for.

Hope this helps.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Your opinion of yourself really is at odds with everybody else's opinion of you.

You may be a stupid failed-actor and all-round no-mark who loses his temper every single time he comes onto this thread, but it's the blatant lying I can't stand. You aggressively challenged me to prove something and when this was proven beyond all doubt, you still didn't have the class to admit your blatant lying, and have now moved onto insinuating that you're a remarkably clever WUM. You're not. You're a thick, boring tosser that nobody has any respect for.

Hope this helps.

Genuinely, all I am is a bit of knobhead who enjoys winding up right wing nutters. I genuinely assumed you were just indulging me but you're obviously genuinely annoyed by it all.
Telling how quickly your mob resorts to personal insults and character assassination when faced with a bit of antagonisation.
But it's cool. I don't think any the less of you. Perfectly normal reaction for people of your type.
I'd just ignore me if I were you. You clearly can't handle it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Genuinely, all I am is a bit of knobhead who enjoys winding up right wing nutters. I genuinely assumed you were just indulging me but you're obviously genuinely annoyed by it all.
Telling how quickly your mob resorts to personal insults and character assassination when faced with a bit of antagonisation.
But it's cool. I don't think any the less of you. Perfectly normal reaction for people of your type.
I'm anti-Brexit, just can't stand your modus-operandi. Your childish behaviour and refusal to take responsibility for your mistakes make me cringe.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I'm anti-Brexit, just can't stand your modus-operandi. Your childish behaviour and refusal to take responsibility for your mistakes make me cringe.

Yet you can't help but keep replying. Stick me on ignore ya dafty.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Simster may be a lot of things but he's never struck me as a 'right wing nutter' ..... not even right wing. As for personal insults, I suggest you review your posting history of the last 2 or 3 years.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Good question.

i voted for Brexit primarily because I think CAP is a con and leads to highly inefficient practices - there were a couple of other reasons too.
But, it did strike me during the run-up to the referendum that a by-product of Brexit would be a greater likelihood of the unification of Ireland, something I strongly support. So, that became another reason.

My view hasn't really changed: I have no problem with free migration, I have no problem with the ECHR, I have a few quibbles about the ECJ but I wouldn't lose sleep if we accepted its jurisdiction and I'm in favour of some kind of customs union with the EU. I certainly don't support any sort of hard border between Ireland and NI - that would be a disaster, which is why a customs union is OK.

I despair at some the head-banging idiocy that comes from some on the Brexit camp. All this talk of no deal and taking back control strikes me as the talk of lunatics. The EU had many faults but to cut ourselves from it entirely does us no good economically and certainly does no good for our standing in the world.

I genuinely have a lot of time for this view of Brexit. Not least because you're absolutely right when it comes to the CAP - it's a total con and should have been ditched decades ago. Similarly, I'm tired of the UK being stitched up over fisheries policy. I suppose the difference between you and I was always that they were a price worth paying because I'm in broad agreement with pretty much everything else you say.

It's why I say that if the Brexit negotiators come back with a no-deal, then the idea of staying in the EU absolutely must come back onto the table. That is not anti-democratic, that is common sense. Brexiteers won the vote, they should now negotiate a deal that is good for us and doesn't involve risking the GFA. If that deal is approved by parliament, then fine, we should all accept it. But if the people negotiating on our behalf can't put a decent deal together, then the people need to be allowed to approve it. Nobody voted to get poorer, and the head-bangers should not be allowed to tell everyone it is undemocratic to not allow their incompetence to be waived through.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Simster may be a lot of things but he's never struck me as a 'right wing nutter' ..... not even right wing. As for personal insults, I suggest to review your posting history of the last 2 or 3 years.

Yes well, you and your mob have made your little point, please do keep repeating post after post how you feel about me. And I think I have also made my point. In more ways than one.
It's genuinely been a lot of fun.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
You're way, way out.

Irish GDP per capita is $63000 - that's higher than the US, Germany, Switzerland and a long way higher than the UK's £38,000

https://tradingeconomics.com/ireland/gdp-per-capita-ppp

I think you've got a very outdated view of the Irish economy if you think it's just potato farmers: Microsoft, Apple and AWS, Dell (to name just a few companies) all have their main European centres based there.

Oh,I see now how wrong I have been.Mea culpa,indeed.So the Irish economy you are on about is the real one,and the Irish Times are imagining things.Those naughty pixies must have been telling the fibs!

tiger economy.png

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Oh,I see now how wrong I have been.Mea culpa,indeed.So the Irish economy you are on about is the real one,and the Irish Times are imagining things.Those naughty pixies must have been telling the fibs!

View attachment 97099

UK national debt 88.3% of GDP
Ireland national debt 72.8% of GDP

People have debt, companies have debt, countries have debt .... the questions is whether the economy is robust enough to pay it off. That article you posted actually says that it paid off its IMF debt ahead of schedule.

Now, there's still some way to go and no-one is pretending that the Irish economy is out of the woods but there are countries with higher levels of debt and lower growth in Europe. Ireland's been very poorly and is recovering. It's certainly not a basket case now

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
UK national debt 88.3% of GDP
Ireland national debt 72.8% of GDP

People have debt, companies have debt, countries have debt .... the questions is whether the economy is robust enough to pay it off. That article you posted actually says that it paid off its IMF debt ahead of schedule.

Now, there's still some way to go and no-one is pretending that the Irish economy is out of the woods but there are countries with higher levels of debt and lower growth in Europe. Ireland's been very poorly and is recovering. It's certainly not a basket case now

I’d also suggest that being an English speaking nation within the EU it will become quite attractive for investment post Brexit.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here