Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] NSC 6 Nations 2018 Competition

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Why are England so poor this year?

When was the last time we lost three games in the same five/six nations season?

Why do we struggle so much when we have so much more in terms of resources (monetary and number of players) than the other nations(that can probably be asked of France too)?

Last edited:

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
There's been a belief for a while that the Eddie Jones factor has worn off and England have stopped improving.

What has been unexpected is that they have gone backwards and now look more and more like the Lancaster side.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I’m watching this in a boozer in Dunleer, to say the natives are happy, would be an understatement.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Why do we struggle so much when we have so much more in terms of resources (monetary and number of players) than the other nations(that can probably be asked of France too)?

In the last 30 years at Twickenham, Scotland (none at all), Ireland and Wales wins have been very rare. Normally by small margins in tight games. Until .... 17 March 2018?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Westander re earlier

Loss of form
Injuries
Strength in depth in quantity not quality
Never as good as everyone thought we were
Not as bad as people now think we are
Others have sussed us out
Finishers papered over the cracks?
Decisions and the bounce of the ball not going quite our way
Peaked under Jones?

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
1. As is common in rugby, the ref can't stand the English.
2. But England's poor decision making, mistakes, disipline and being caught high in the tackle whilst driving too upright ... are handing the win to the Irish and their ref.

Yawn.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
England have gone backwards at pace in this six nations. We haven’t been in the game at all today. Depressing that Jones’s first year was a false dawn.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
When I made my predictions I thought England were a good rugby team. Have since changed my mind. We have gone back 5 years in this tournament.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I hate Pougatch's posh boy commentary. He's had the biased Kleenex out over Ireland all match, even when England are scoring tries. Ireland beat England comfortably a year ago, have won Grand Slams, have beaten everyone else this seaon, plus the All Blacks, yet his naff prose talks as if it's a fairy tale like Leicester winning the PL moment.

The Brighton Bear

Come on Kylie, get a grip
May 3, 2010
Rottingdean
sixnations06.png

Here are the points after the second match on the final day:

England 15:24 Ireland

Well done to [MENTION=8619]Guy Fawkes[/MENTION] who predicted a 9 point Irish win.
[MENTION=17768]Petee[/MENTION] has a eight point lead going in to the final game.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

Attitude and better coaching. You have to wonder what Farrell is doing as defence coach for Ireland and not his own country. We are back to the Johnson years. No flair and poor discipline.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I hate Pougatch's posh boy commentary. He's had the biased Kleenex out over Ireland all match, even when England are scoring tries. Ireland beat England comfortably a year ago, have won Grand Slams, have beaten everyone else this seaon, plus the All Blacks, yet his naff prose talks as if it's a fairy tale like Leicester winning the PL moment.

Spot on

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Attitude and better coaching. You have to wonder what Farrell is doing as defence coach for Ireland and not his own country. We are back to the Johnson years. No flair and poor discipline.

Jones sacked Farrell as defence coach when he replaced Lancaster. Gatland rated him highly with the Lions. Ireland were, by all accounts, glad to get him.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Watching France v Wales, the French like the English are giving countless avoidable penalties away (their trait for years) and making unforced errors.

In contrast, at the moment the Welsh, Scots and Irish all execute simple game plans, hunt in packs, support in numbers and avoid penalties.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here