Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Are we safe already

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
We need 8 more wins and 4 draws to be sure.

- Cardiff (home and away), burnley, Huddersfield, Newcastle, palace, Southampton, wolves at home wins

- Huddersfield, burnley, palace, Fulham away draws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Discuss...

Can't wait for the next, in-depth analysis thread, you start.

To help you out oddschecker has us between 7 and 10/1. Cardiff are still favorites.

No one is actually safe at the moment, even City.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
We don't have any of the shit normally associated with teams facing the drop. We have stability, we carry a goal threat, we have good squad depth, we don't concede that many, we're tough to beat at home and we've won away today.

We do tend to ride our luck which doesn’t always work out, not many commanding performances from us to be honest.
The woodwork has come to our rescue on numerous occasions, including yesterday.

Brian Parsons

May 16, 2013
Bicester, Oxfordshire.
On the basis that we are averaging 1.2 points a game at present multiply 1.2 by 38 gives 45.6, so yes we're safe. [emoji16][emoji16][emoji23][emoji23][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji2][emoji2][emoji1][emoji1][emoji28][emoji28]

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Looking at our team and with players like Dunk and Duffy i feel we will be safe in March. The only concern for me is the number of injuries this season compared to last season.. We are certainly utilizing our squad and thank god we have depth this year.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We probably were right up to the point this thread appeared. :down:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Indeed, but I genuinely wonder how many teams have been relegated from the top division after 11 points from their first 9 games? Can't be many. I remember Millwall going down after a great start but that was so long ago it was pre-Prem I think...

Not sure how their start was, but I seem to remember Boro dropping like a stone through the table one season. No win in 20 or something stupid...

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
On the basis that we are averaging 1.2 points a game at present multiply 1.2 by 38 gives 45.6, so yes we're safe. [emoji16][emoji16][emoji23][emoji23][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji2][emoji2][emoji1][emoji1][emoji28][emoji28]

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Define present. We are actually averaging 3 points per game. Unfortunately I don't think it's going to be enough to win the league. Anything less than a Champions League spot though now and some freak results against us then we should be questioning if Bloom is the right chairman for a club of our size and Hughton wants to be updating his cv. Definitely we're also long overdue a #BarberOut campaign and if Murray doesnt get a place at the next World Cup and Dunk doesn't captain England by the end of the season, well then Southgate can go to,

But "are we safe yet?" is probably a really really stupid question.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
We probably deserved to lose today and at Southampton. Got a silly penalty to get a draw at home to Fulham. Rode are luck a little bit against West Ham.

All in all, with these things considered, there is no way we are going down.

Drives me mad. Absolutely no excuse for it. Not going to mention it though

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If we can go into the 2nd half of the season with at least 17 points, we have a fighting chance.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
We are in a position where we should be looking up at who we can catch rather than worrying about getting relegated.

To get an away win at this stage in the season could help with our confidence, if we can beat Wolves and then Cardiff the players may really start to believe they could push for a top 10 position

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I think if you can decide we're safe after today's game, you could have decided we were safe before the season started. Everything was there, the team, the manager, the signings, the set-up, and the results so far are simply bearing this out. Continue in this vein, we are safe, yes.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Indeed, but I genuinely wonder how many teams have been relegated from the top division after 11 points from their first 9 games? Can't be many. I remember Millwall going down after a great start but that was so long ago it was pre-Prem I think...

duplicate...

el punal

Unfortunate wording, but if you had stated do we look as if we might be safe on results so far then you probably would not have received so many disparaging comments.

On a similar note, about avoiding relegation, was a discussion I had with friends a couple of weeks back prior to the West Ham. At the time I said that of our next 5 fixtures could well determine our status come the end of the season. Those 5 games against West Ham, Newcastle, Wolves, Everton and Cardiff were all “do-able”, and that we would have to come away with at least 8/9 points to prove that we had the resolve to avoid being sucked into a relegation struggle.

We have now earned 6 of those 8/9 points with 3 games to go - so far, so good. But I, and many thousands of other sane (and insane!) Albion fans, are not going to be carried away. The other thing about these 5 fixtures is that they are against teams that are around or below us thus making the results even more significant in the long term.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I never thought we would be a possibility for relegation we are very organised defensively. No idea why fans of other lower half teams always fancy 3 points against us.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here