Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Friendly at Birmingham tomorrow

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Oh dear, Watford will be rubbing their hands at this.

In fact, about a dozen PL teams, all looking for '3 we can finish above', have probably just added one more name to their list..........................
Yeah, yeah.....

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not many positives from that.
But I’m already looking forward to watching Bissouma.

Yep, that pretty much sums it up. Disappointed with that - it was pretty much last year's team, and it looked like it. Hope the newcomers turn out to be good!

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Bissouma knows the way to the opponent's goal... and he wanted it soooo much!!! Good man, Bissouma, you look like the breath of fresh air that we do need. Thank you, recruitment team.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It was just a friendly and you don't expect a full on display, but those that have proper competition for their place in the side I was waiting for a little reaction. Nothing happened, and the same deficiencies easily seen. March still doesn't have an idea what to do with the ball apart from hit it in the area with no regard to who may be on the end of it. Percentages will tell you some of these crosses will end up appearing genius but the reality is these too would have been blindly played. Knockeart similarly appears to have hit a wall.

So glad we have so many options, we might even create more chances on the road.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
We looked very underprepared. Very sloppy. At this stage of pre-season the lack of cohesion was slightly concerning. That said their young keeper was excellent. But so was Ryan.
Bernardo looked lost; Propper looked like he did on debut last season; March was ineffectual, Duffyvs frustrating mix of good and sloppy.

On the plus side Knockaert was all energy both going forward and chasing back, Bruno was his imperious self, Dunk was his composed self, Balogun is a good player and Bissouma's cameo was full of promise.
Not much else though

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
It was just a friendly and you don't expect a full on display, but those that have proper competition for their place in the side I was waiting for a little reaction. Nothing happened, and the same deficiencies easily seen. March still doesn't have an idea what to do with the ball apart from hit it in the area with no regard to who may be on the end of it. Percentages will tell you some of these crosses will end up appearing genius but the reality is these too would have been blindly played. Knockeart similarly appears to have hit a wall.

So glad we have so many options, we might even create more chances on the road.

Agree re Solly. Duffy worries me not ability wise, but in terms of readiness. Looks some way away to me, perhaps that’s why he was kept on.

Knockaert I thought was our only threat until Bissouma came on, second half looked very sharp.

Bruno sublime [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Agree re Solly. Duffy worries me not ability wise, but in terms of readiness. Looks some way away to me, perhaps that’s why he was kept on.

Knockaert I thought was our only threat until Bissouma came on, second half looked very sharp.

Bruno sublime [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like Balogun might be close to starting against Watford to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here