Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just watched the Millwall game again

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I watched the game "as live" after I finished work last night. Nothing has changed , we're still crap with Sami as manager and reminiscent skills wise of an Albion side from the mid 1990s.

Graham Moseley

Dec 6, 2014
I admire your optimism - but c'mon - When will this run end - when we hit rock bottom? What we need at the moment with Sami sitting in the big chair is a miracle. You make your own luck in life - and he is just digging a very deep hole for us to climb out of when he's gone - and he will go at some point - so does it not make sense to get rid now before it really is too late.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yep, sell it to some faceless third party or even better, Cellino. You r talking testicles.

I didn't realise it had to be sold to a charlatan if it was sold. Surely Tony Bloom wouldn't do that to us after all he has done for the club :wink:

tomfitz12

CTRL+W to change this
Nov 25, 2012
southwick
Sure we weren't absolutely atrocious, but we were playing millwall. We shouldn't look poor in the slightest cos they truly are sh!t

Tex gave us some hope but his final ball was invariably disappointing but I hope we perservere with him. Was expecting more from Bent and Benno.

Wrappo

Feb 2, 2012
Worthing
I was at the game and agree that we had no idea especially in midfield and up front. Individually some players were skillful but wse seem to have no co-ordination or team tactic. I have lost faith Sammi and never had much with Nathan Jones. Change is overdue, but who would come?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Tex gave us some hope but his final ball was invariably disappointing but I hope we perservere with him. Was expecting more from Bent and Benno.

I don't, he's been poor the vast majority of the season, flatters to deceive, all flash no end product. Good 20 mins at Birmingham, good game at Leeds (didn't go to that), good 60 mins at Bournemouth, not much of a return I'd say.

He will be good in time, but at the moment is a luxury we cannot afford to have.

albionite

May 20, 2009
I had a quick look and what is apparent is when Mollwall attacked they had at least 3 players in the box, we generally had 1.

Problem is we never counter attack, other teams know this so can push forward knowing they have time to get back in their own half while we pass it around abit and make our procession stats look good.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I'd like Sami to name what teams we could realisticly beat and what three teams will finish lower than us this season.

We've lost to Birmingham & Millwall at times when these teams couldn't beat anyone else and we've drawn at home to Blackpool & Rotherham.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I don't, he's been poor the vast majority of the season, flatters to deceive, all flash no end product. Good 20 mins at Birmingham, good game at Leeds (didn't go to that), good 60 mins at Bournemouth, not much of a return I'd say.

He will be good in time, but at the moment is a luxury we cannot afford to have.

Anything good we created (ok not much) last night came through him.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

The only excuse i can offer re Benno is his lack of game time ....Bent last night seemed to be actually avoiding any contact with the ball in complete contrast to the game against Fulham

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Anything good we created (ok not much) last night came through him.

I counted one pass to Bent early in second half, for the amount of times he was in a position to deliver, his ratio is unacceptable. Also cut a ball back to Dunk in last minute as well, not a great pass but an ok one.

As I said clever turns but rarely a final product.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The only excuse i can offer re Benno is his lack of game time ....Bent last night seemed to be actually avoiding any contact with the ball in complete contrast to the game against Fulham

That and he's being pushed way too much in field. Primarily Benno is a winger who can occasionally drift in centrally not the other way round.

I'm afraid clueless tactics and misuse of players.

Well, last night he looked our ONLY player capable of opening up Millwall.

March didnt. Benno didnt, Paddy didnt, Colunga didnt. The less said about the midfield two the better.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Think you'll find Paddy played the one quality delivery of the match from the free kick. Agree re the others though.

Incidentally since he looked capable of opening Millwall up, why didn't he, or are you acknowledging the inability to deliver a final product time and time again?

Think you'll find Paddy played the one quality delivery of the match from the free kick. Agree re the others though.

Incidentally since he looked capable of opening Millwall up, why didn't he, or are you acknowledging the inability to deliver a final product time and time again?

This is the "LuaLua question" - much better to have someone on the pitch who actually does threaten the opposition rather than a load of players who don't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here