Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Texeira, McCourt and Agdestein

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
We need a Scott Parker in the side. I thought he was excellent on Saturday. Apart from a couple of goals Gardener hasn't shown nearly enough, drifting out of the game too often. JFC and Ince will get better in time but Crofts and Stephens are sorely missed. I'd love to know why Toko hasn't been used, he must be total turd in training.

Yep i'd put Parker in that bracket...its just crying out for someone with a bit of nous....and who can chip in the odd goal

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Andrews or Hammond from last season, we could have signed either on a free. The best I have seen us was when Holla nd Ince played together in that role each covering a full back when needed.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
They have a 'T' in their name which means they don't start as Sleepy Sami prefers decaf ginseng & herbal latte (nb see also Toko Recall)

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I've seen him play in the development squad and seen nothing that convinces me that he's worthy of a first team place.

140 games for Zurich as well as senior caps for DR Congo suggests that he must have something about him.

I think that any 23 year old with the smallest of egos would be a bit disheartened at finding themselves stuck in the U21s. There may be more than meets the eye with Toko, but it seems to me that he hasn't been given a fair chance.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Andrews or Hammond from last season, we could have signed either on a free. The best I have seen us was when Holla nd Ince played together in that role each covering a full back when needed.

Hammond, who was part of Leicester's title winning side last season, and who started 6 of their first 7 games in the Premier League, was available on a free in the summer? Seems unlikely.

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
We need a Scott Parker in the side. I thought he was excellent on Saturday. Apart from a couple of goals Gardener hasn't shown nearly enough, drifting out of the game too often. JFC and Ince will get better in time but Crofts and Stephens are sorely missed. I'd love to know why Toko hasn't been used, he must be total turd in training.

Regarding Scott Parker, for some reason I was taken aback in the second half when a ball boy behind the North Stand retrieved the ball and threw it to him, he responded with a "cheers mate".

Cant recall seeing that too often, in any standard of football.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Hammond, who was part of Leicester's title winning side last season, and who started 6 of their first 7 games in the Premier League, was available on a free in the summer? Seems unlikely.

Yet once again reading has let you down. Both left their previous club on a free and we could have signed either having had them on loan. No mention of signing Hammond from Leicester. Andrews from Bolton and Hammond from Southampton before they joined their present clubs.

Last edited:

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
In the Championship under Gus and Oscar we set up first and foremost to be defensively solid, keep possession of the ball at all costs (often going back and sideways) and everyone ****ing moaned. Now we set up to be more attacking with marauding fullbacks and we try to move the ball more quickly - the goalkeeper often kicking the ball long - and we're getting beaten.

Listen to Pulis on Saturday Soccer Special and he was battering on about how you have to build from the back and set up first and foremost not to get beat.

The way things are going we should play 4-2-3-1 and have Dunk and Ince/Halford holding in front of Greer and Hughes and don't let Bruno or Bennett past the halfway line.

Bent up top and then three 'creative' players in the middle (ideally ones with a bit of size who don't get constantly out muscled).

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Texeira, McCourt and Agdestein

Agree Tex and / or Paddy should have been on the bench. Not Agustien, though.

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
In the Championship under Gus and Oscar we set up first and foremost to be defensively solid, keep possession of the ball at all costs (often going back and sideways) and everyone ****ing moaned. Now we set up to be more attacking with marauding fullbacks and we try to move the ball more quickly - the goalkeeper often kicking the ball long - and we're getting beaten.

Listen to Pulis on Saturday Soccer Special and he was battering on about how you have to build from the back and set up first and foremost not to get beat.

The way things are going we should play 4-2-3-1 and have Dunk and Ince/Halford holding in front of Greer and Hughes and don't let Bruno or Bennett past the halfway line.

Bent up top and then three 'creative' players in the middle (ideally ones with a bit of size who don't get constantly out muscled).

Spot on.

And of course when we were winning ugly under Gus and Oscar people couldn't stop complaining and saying they would prefer us to be more attacking and lose. Don't hear that much anymore.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

Agree entirely. Personally, I'd play Holla and Ince as the deeper two. My issue with Gardner playing (although he looked a different player for the first 50 mins or so) is that when he plays, he takes the free kicks and is second-to-none the worst free-kick taker I've seen in the stripes.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just a reminder, he was part of a relegated side last season, is over-rated and doesn't work hard for the team. I don't get the rage over him, I've not seen anything that would suggest he should be starting bar a few mazy dribbles.

Also beats 2 players then inevitably loses the ball trying to beat a 3rd.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We seem to be racking up a lot of players that are hired, not used, then shipped out without having been given a chance.

Every club hires the odd dud, even the best managers do it but what ARE Toko and Agustien doing at this football club?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here