Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS still loves us

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i like CMS ...i think he has had one of the worst runs of luck and/or general loss of form or playing with players smart enough to play him in ....he is nippy , runs all day and has an eye for goal BUT he is 5 foot 9 so needs to be played on the ground...with our penchant for wingers i honestly can't see why we don't just make a stupid bid for Crouch , he's got 10 inches on CMS and a bit of lanky magic to boot..!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
He hasn't really shown the form to have warrented a 3 mill figure but I would rather he was here, fit and playing alongside another quality striker. Not going to happen though is it ?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Three strikers all under performed this season,are they all rubbish or is something wrong within the club,never been a happy ship these last four seasons has it???

Yep, disappointing that we have only made the Play offs two seasons running, we'd probably been in the finals of The Champion's League if we'd been a happy ship?

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
i like CMS ...i think he has had one of the worst runs of luck and/or general loss of form or playing with players smart enough to play him in ....he is nippy , runs all day and has an eye for goal BUT he is 5 foot 9 so needs to be played on the ground...with our penchant for wingers i honestly can't see why we don't just make a stupid bid for Crouch , he's got 10 inches on CMS and a bit of lanky magic to boot..!

He is not nippy. He looks like he is nippy because of his running action but how many times have we seen him outpace a defender (including centre backs who are normally slower than full backs).

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Do Peterborough play 2 strikers up front? If so, he will score a few I'm sure. Could do well in the Championship if he had the right strike partner. Sadly, that is unlikely to happen with us, so maybe Posh is his best option for the future.

Yes they do. It's as simple as this folks, for as long as we continue to play with one lone striker CMS will only have a bit part to play at the Albion. He is a poacher, not a target man, he needs a big old style centre forward to play off of, and as we all know, Poyet, Garcia, and now Hyypia don't set their teams up to play that way.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Yes they do. It's as simple as this folks, for as long as we continue to play with one lone striker CMS will only have a bit part to play at the Albion. He is a poacher, not a target man, he needs a big old style centre forward to play off of, and as we all know, Poyet, Garcia, and now Hyypia don't set their teams up to play that way.

Absolutely. The maddening thing is - Gus did play with two up top in League One but then ditched the formation from the moment we hit the wide open spaces of the Amex.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Three strikers all under performed this season,are they all rubbish or is something wrong within the club,never been a happy ship these last four seasons has it???

So unhappy a ship that Bruno, Calderon, Ankergren, Dunk, and it now seems Greer recently signed new deals.

Just shows the misery there must be around the place :lolol:

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I see that CMS is currently on 99 goals scored for Posh, so would be nice to see him finally bag the ton tonight. However they don't have players like Boyd and Tomlin to supply CMS and McLean plus McCann seems out of favour lately, so the goals might not flow quite so easily for the 'Mac attack' this time around.

CMS might be back there but it's the end of an era with London Road now newly renamed as 'The ABAX' stadium and the replacement for the old Moyes End terrace finally in use.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Although I agree, there may be an element of confidence involved maybe? The guy has played a certain way for 3 years at Peterborough, signed for Brighton and was told we'd build the team around him, and then steadfastly refused to adapt in any way to his style of play. Surely that would knock the confidence of a goalscorer, especially as he's not scoring as much as he'd like.

Spot on, I expect him to do well at Peterboro,Good luck to him,he ran himself into the ground waiting for the through ball which no doubt he will now receive.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Peterborough look pony. If this is the norm CMS will struggle for opportunities. Two occasions now he should have been played in with someone choosing to fart arse about with it instead

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
0-2 City

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here