Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Expectations for the next 2 games

How many points do you expect from the next two games?

Votes: 8 15.7%

Votes: 5 9.8%

Votes: 5 9.8%

Votes: 3 5.9%

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • None

Votes: 20 39.2%

• Total voters

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I can see it now, if we lose the next two games, Trigger, 1066 and the others will all be rounding on Mark McGhee calling for his head. But let's be realistic and look at who the next two opponents are:

Leeds Utd (h)
Sheff Utd (a)

What are our expectations for these two games? If these are 2 games we expect very little from, and it's games like Burnley (h) that are our opportunities for points, then let's keep in in perspective if we do get very little out of these games.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
If we get a point I think we will have done well. We will be bottom by the end of the month :(

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
we will win one and draw one. although our squad is a bit thin on the ground, we have some terrific players and they will be desperate to prove that we can do without leon knight. we will win tomorrow and get a point at brammall lane. COME ON THE ALBION! :ascarf: :ascarf: :ascarf:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Wardywonderland said:
If we get a point I think we will have done well. We will be bottom by the end of the month :(

Back off the bottom just before the end of the month, as the Burnley game is the 31st, and THAT is the opportunity for points.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Im dissapointed to see so many of you are unpositive about the upcoming games,we're worth a shout against Leeds and a possible point at Sheff Utd.Heads Up!

FalmerforAll!** said:
Im dissapointed to see so many of you are unpositive about the upcoming games,we're worth a shout against Leeds and a possible point at Sheff Utd.Heads Up!

Have you been to our last 5 games?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Gritt23 said:
I can see it now, if we lose the next two games, Trigger, 1066 and the others will all be rounding on Mark McGhee calling for his head. But let's be realistic and look at who the next two opponents are:

Leeds Utd (h)
Sheff Utd (a)

What are our expectations for these two games? If these are 2 games we expect very little from, and it's games like Burnley (h) that are our opportunities for points, then let's keep in in perspective if we do get very little out of these games.

Lose those two thats 7 in a row, hinsh was sacked after 12, not to far off.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
We always seem to do alright against Leeds and Blades though so I'm remaining positive. Clearly it should be a struggle but gotta keep high hopes - 4 points.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Expectations for the next 2 games. Tomorrow, meet for Brekkie about 1030, be in the Wellie by 11am, 2 pints an hour and get a cab at 230pm to Withdean. Be shocked by the announcement of the team, slump in my seat, attempt not to lump any of the people around me. At 1700, get the bus to the Basketmakers, few beers in there, then the Nelson, then the Peds, then wherever.

Sheffield Utd. Alarm to go off at 0445, catch the 0528 from Preston Park to Kings Cross, walk over to St Pancra, get the 0725 to Sheffield. At 0726 pour the first glass of moet, open up the various food stuffs, by about 9am move on to the Port. Arrive Sheffield at 1040, wander to Wetherspoons, buy belated birthday round to those that have come up on the train. Midday, make the short walk to the Devonshire Cat and go to work on their extensive collection of bottled beers. At 1430 wander to the ground, arrive at 1450, have a slash, go to the seats, put the flag up and then be shocked by our team. At 1700 wander back to the Devonshire, more bottled beer. At 1820 go via offy, stock up on apple juice for 3 and a bit hour journey (8 cans should do it), catch 1840 train. Arrive St Pancras at 2220. Either go to Mables or Flying Scotsman and aim to be at Victoria for the 0005 train back to Brighton.

Last edited:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Re: Re: Expectations for the next 2 games

KinkyHitler said:
Lose those two thats 7 in a row, hinsh was sacked after 12, not to far off.

Actually it would be 6 but facts are irrelevant to you. Hinshelwood was also sacked after 10 because it was 12 straight defeats and Coppell was here for the last two.:jester:

By the way, we will get 4 points (3 vs Leeds and 1 v Sheff Utd). Why not be optimistic? When did we last lose to Leeds?

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Gritt23 said:

Leeds Utd (h)
Sheff Utd (a)

But if we beat Millwall and got something at Luton and Soton then it wouldnt be too bad losing to those two. The fact that we didnt means MM is getting closer to the sack :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Re: Re: Expectations for the next 2 games

Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
But if we beat Millwall and got something at Luton and Soton then it wouldnt be too bad losing to those two. The fact that we didnt means MM is getting closer to the sack :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

What a great post. Isn't it a relief that Dick Knight has more common sense than you.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Re: Re: Re: Expectations for the next 2 games

Finchley Seagull said:
What a great post. Isn't it a relief that Dick Knight has more common sense than you.
If he had any common sense he wouldnt have waisted the few quid he invested:p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here