Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] East lower and north...

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Vs Man Utd, when Pogba scored the pen, it was silence in the away end - due partly to the fact that about a third had already left.

It happens. Usually, the factors are travel, your team losing (and seemingly no way back like it was against Spurs, although a miracle almost occurred), and add to that the weather. I was at the front of the North, totally drenched through every layer, my money and phone were getting soaked, and I was starting to feel a bit unwell. I left at 90, so missed the AK goal and the near equaliser. I don't need someone to question my love for the team just because I left a few minutes early (on this occasion).

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
We will never know.

I think we will... But then, had AK put that attempt away right at the death, maybe fans leaving early would've been called a lucky omen!

Ben does.

[tweet]1043574971191177217[/tweet]

I think Ben's been listening to his Grandad too much...

I STILL don't understand – and I've asked numerous people in different places – what difference people leaving early makes personally to the people who are offended by it? ???

The whole issue is becoming a bit tedious, but no doubt the threads will keep on coming again and again :yawn::yawn::yawn:

Seriously – use the search function!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Stay and support the team rather than ****ing off - looks embarrassing on tv - **** off and support a plastic club.

Not this AGAIN!

Can't be bothered to go round and round this rubbish again. You live your life the way you want, fab, top man. Let others lead theirs, it's got nothing to do with you.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I think we will... But then, had AK put that attempt away right at the death, maybe fans leaving early would've been called a lucky omen!

I think Ben's been listening to his Grandad too much...

I STILL don't understand – and I've asked numerous people in different places – what difference people leaving early makes personally to the people who are offended by it? ???

The whole issue is becoming a bit tedious, but no doubt the threads will keep on coming again and again :yawn::yawn::yawn:

Seriously – use the search function!

I think the idea of a full stadium roaring their team on for a goal to equalise or win a game does have some merit in encouraging players dead on their feet to give it one last effort.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Not this AGAIN!

Can't be bothered to go round and round this rubbish again. You live your life the way you want, fab, top man. Let others lead theirs, it's got nothing to do with you.

You say that, but some people don't indicate when changing lanes on motorways, some people will walk across your line on a putting green, some will order across you despite knowing you're next at the bar, some will not wave thanks when you've let them out or through a gap. I refuse to let these people lead their lives in ignorance of their appalling behaviours!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Most buggered off when the manager brought Locadia on instead of Andone , hence suggesting either the rain had turned to fiery hailstones or people thought hmmmmmmm ok bollox to this if CH can't take it seriously why should i :lolol:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I think the idea of a full stadium roaring their team on for a goal to equalise or win a game does have some merit in encouraging players dead on their feet to give it one last effort.
That suggestion is so much "commonsense" but it does not fit with the facts.

The club with by far the best atmosphere in the UK - where fans maintain vocal support throughout every match and are guaranteed to be all still in place as the 12th Man at the end of a tight match - have got a very, very ordinary home record relative to league positions.

At The Amex on Saturday a triple whammy of heavy rain, evening kick off and being 2-0 down meant that more fans than usual left early. And yet the players had their best period towards the end and somehow managed to keep pushing at maximum effort until the final kick of the game...?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
You say that, but some people don't indicate when changing lanes on motorways, some people will walk across your line on a putting green, some will order across you despite knowing you're next at the bar, some will not wave thanks when you've let them out or through a gap. I refuse to let these people lead their lives in ignorance of their appalling behaviours!

You've demonstrated my point rather well by listing things that do have an effect on you. If someone cuts across the motorway lane in front of you without indicating, that's dangerous, even life threatening. So how can that possible equate to me nipping out of the West Stand Upper at 90 mins because I've got 2 trains and an hours drive to get home?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Most buggered off when the manager brought Locadia on instead of Andone , hence suggesting either the rain had turned to fiery hailstones or people thought hmmmmmmm ok bollox to this if CH can't take it seriously why should i :lolol:

:lolol:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
What a bellend thread, I was soaked to the skin and cold(I have a great seat) although it sucks when it rains, the game was determined by the ref yet again (John Moss v Chelsea) that dickhead somehow managed to miss a stonewalled pen. So yes 85 minutes I was out of there so f.ucking what mind your own business.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
If he's going to refer to all and sundry as paedos, I suspect it may not make it past the review stage.

Woooooah easy there. There’s a big difference between being a paedo and looking like one :lol:

Last edited:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Woooooah easy there. There’s a big difference between being a paedo and looking like one :lol:

Can you do a police style sketch of one and post it up so we know who to look out for [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Can you do a police style sketch of one and post it up so we know who to look out for [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Use a mirror #writeagain

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I'm a bad fan, left on about 85.

Ultimately I'm selfish, I was going to a mates' house to watch the boxing so couldn't stay for a pint after to let the queues go down, I wasn't wearing a coat and didn't fancy standing in the pissing rain waiting for the train as coupled with the defeat it would've put an extra downer on my evening.

I was back in Haywards Heath in less than an hour, sat in front of the telly with a beer, dry and warm - definitely the right decision. I don't really care what anyone else thinks about that, I've paid my dues over the years at Hartlepool, Darlington, Halifax, Scarborough etc etc

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I can't believe 30000 fans turned up yet the home team forgot to... yet we're the ones being criticised (and I stayed to the end).

Also, we've not had a fans leaving early thread in at least 4 months. I've missed this.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

I didn't exactly notice the 'full stadium roaring their team on' for the previous 80/85 minutes. Quite the opposite, in fact, for most of the time.

And anyway, AK scored at 90+3 if I remember rightly, long after the early leavers had, er, left and then also had another chance to equalise. So I can't help thinking that your theory is pish!

I STILL don't get the outrage or what difference it makes to these REAL fans – some of whom were watching the game on a TV while on holiday :whistle:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here