Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ade Akinbiyi anyone ?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
CRYSTAL PALACE Ade Akinbiyi and Danny Granville both look to be leaving the Eagles after failing to travel on a pre-season tour to Spain.

From The Daily Star

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Be happy to see him come back here. Would probably find his form again in Div 2 and would certainly give us a presence upfront. I thought that he had gone to Stoke though.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
He was only on loan to Stoke

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Biggest problem is that he would expect Peter Taylor at Leicester type wages, something that ain't gonna happen here. Would be very good at this level though.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I'd like to see him back seeing we only have one striker but there is no way DK could afford his wages, thats the bottom line sadly!
:(

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The man has played in the Premiership (badly) but is still an average division one striker.

However, owing to the fact that his wages have been sky high in the boom years, it is fair to say that he'd never move down here on the wages we're likely to offer.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Danny Granville is a cracking player though. Are these two being released on frees?

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
He would be brilliant for us in Div 2, always been a big fan of his after his loan spell a few years back and he was great for Wolves and Brizzle, Ok hes had some horrific games for Leicester but hes the type of player who needs the confidence of his manager, eg Coppell, cant think of many defences who would like him and Zammo running at them, wages would be a sticking point though

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Well, if Akinbyi is realistic he will have to accept that his wages over the last few seasons ahve been grossly inflated. However, the man himself may know this but somehow I doubt that his agent does.

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
Another trip down memory lane........

Wycombe away on the terraces, Akinbiyi on loan, comes on as a sub i think and the Wycombe announcer in his oh-ar accent stumbles over his name and gets it completely wrong. Cue the mass Albion support packed on the away terrace to burst into song "There's only one Akinbiyi! one Akiiiiinnnnnnnnnbbbbbbiiiiiyyyyyyyyyiiiiiiiii!!"

I would think he'd link up well with Zamora and worth a shot, but i'm not sure whether his attitude would fit in. Seems to be a bit of a big time charlie though he was utter pants in the Premiership. Reckon he'd need to take a huge wage cut aswell and he doesn't seem to be that sort of player to do so.

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
he just needs one good season and he will be a good player again. i saw him single handedly destroy pompey about 3 seasons ago, he got a hattrick (for wolves) and looked the complete foward. i dont doubt he has ability i just think he has no confidence at all.

Fluffster

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham
Well we all thought Rougier was going to be shit when we signed him... and we all know what happened then!
???

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
never happen , no point talking about it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here