Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] CH Post match interviews

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Its interesting that most people are more positive about the 4-0 loss yesterday, than the 2-0 defeat against the same team a few weeks ago- where some were complaining about being too negative and not going for it a bit more. Just shows the difficult job CH has.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Its interesting that most people are more positive about the 4-0 loss yesterday, than the 2-0 defeat against the same team a few weeks ago- where some were complaining about being too negative and not going for it a bit more. Just shows the difficult job CH has.

To be fair mate, we did actually show a bit yesterday?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Listening to CH after the game I thought that we were at different games as he said that the 4-0 score didnt reflect the game I thought that we were totally outplayed, as they were too quick and too skilfull for us to stand any chance and did well to keep it down to 4-0 . Just a different view I suppose.

Not long to 63000 just need to make sure you get your eyes checked now and again

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
IMHO at half time it could have been 2-2 but just as easily 4-0 We could and should have had a penalty when the keeper tripped Schelotto, I dont think the 2nd one was penalty. Had we got that penalty with Cabellero in their goal I wouldnt have bet on Hemed scoring. We could have had a goal in which looked like a good save from the keeper but in essence was a poor point blank header from Hemed who had the whole goal to aim at and should have scored. It grieves me to say it as I cannot stand Chelsea but they were very good and it was just a matter of time until they would get the 3rd goal. I think they took us apart more easily than Liverpool did.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
They were a different class to us but we were right in the frame for about 50 mins after the second goal. could they have stepped it up if we had pulled a couple of goals back? Almost certainly but we gave a good account of ourselves for most of the game. What is important to me is that we still have spirit. Heads only dropped after the third goal.

Their first goal was world class btw, I am not pointing the finger at any Albion players. You would probably have to go to Barcelona to see the next goal of that quality.

I don’t bother with CH interviews, they are just plain dull and he’s never says anything very interesting.

Did you even watch the game.
Their first goal was not world class given that it depended on a poor intervention by Stephens which gifted the ball to an unmarked Hazard.

Their second goal was the best of their four.

As for BG comments I think he probably fell asleep after the 10th minute and woke up for the 15 minutes thereby missing the chances that Brighton created and the penalty shouts

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Lets be honest. Chelseas players are head & shoulders about ours - but lazy. They won 4 nil & only really played for 25 minutes. They could have won by more if they had tried - but in the intervening patches at the start & finish when they were actually putting the effort in, brighton matched them & were coming out on top - should have had at least 1 penalty (probably 2) & were unlucky not to have scored at least 1 (maybe 3) from open play. Therefore based on the efforts & displays of both teams, 4 nil was not a reflective score

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
IMHO at half time it could have been 2-2 but just as easily 4-0 We could and should have had a penalty when the keeper tripped Schelotto, I dont think the 2nd one was penalty. Had we got that penalty with Cabellero in their goal I wouldnt have bet on Hemed scoring. We could have had a goal in which looked like a good save from the keeper but in essence was a poor point blank header from Hemed who had the whole goal to aim at and should have scored. It grieves me to say it as I cannot stand Chelsea but they were very good and it was just a matter of time until they would get the 3rd goal. I think they took us apart more easily than Liverpool did.

Duffy had a header from about 10 yards which he should at least have hit the target

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Listening to CH after the game I thought that we were at different games as he said that the 4-0 score didnt reflect the game I thought that we were totally outplayed, as they were too quick and too skilfull for us to stand any chance and did well to keep it down to 4-0 . Just a different view I suppose.

Chelsea were in control and comfortably better than us. We had enough chances to score 1 or 2 and yet when Chelsea decided to move the ball quickly yesterday (much better than their Boxing Day efforts) they showed how easily they could score more if needed. On balance of chances (and penalties that should have been), it could have finished 4-2 and that would have been fair.

Compared with the WBA game, I felt more positive about yesterday's performance and am generally OK with Chris's summary.

If you'd made the same assessment of Chris's post WBA game comments then I would have agreed with you, because he then tried to suggest that we played OK, when in truth it was a thoroughly abject and mistake-ridden effort by our team.

What we can see from this is that whether we beat a team 4-0 or a team beats us 0-4, we are going to hear broadly similar post-match assessments from Chris, talking about 'effort' and 'degrees of quality' without histrionics. Better get used to it.

Peteinblack

NSC Patreon
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Having just watched the game on MOTD, I actually thought we were a lot better for much of the game than the score would suggest.

Sure, Chelski are a different class to us, but I thought that after the disastrous first few minutes, we actually gave a good account of ourselves, when we could easily have crumbled - I had feared a Rugby score after they had gone 2-0 up in 6 minutes.

Shearer and Lineker also said that we were better for much of the game than the 4-0 score-line suggests.

Incidentally, I'm liking Schelotto more every time I watch us on MOTM.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Think you'd find Duffy took the defence apart especially in the second half.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Spot the difference

Sky sports. Sc ore was not representative.
BBC website. Ditto
MOTD. Ditto.
Observer Ditto
BG. We did well to keep it down to 4-0

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I thought Kenny Dalglish was a fantastic player and very hard for anyone to take the ball off of him. Low centre of gravity and a big arse....defenders couldn't get near him.
Hazard is the same sort of player....big arse. Some call it focus

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I thought Kenny Dalglish was a fantastic player and very hard for anyone to take the ball off of him. Low centre of gravity and a big arse....defenders couldn't get near him.
Hazard is the same sort of player....big arse. Some call it focus

Just for you :moo:

IMG_0344.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Who needed "it's an opinion so I can't be wrong" for their NSC BG Bingo card?

I'm just waiting on:-

'well everyone around me, at the AMEX, all said I am right, but they don't post on here'.

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London

I watched the same game as CH.
Not sure where you were...

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016

Have we had a thread in praise of Mrs BG?

We have a choice as to whether we look at / read / respond to his drivel (ahem! carefully balanced, well-considered and well-reasoned views).

She has to live with him - all praise to Mrs BG, I say!

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I think, not for the first time, you are totally and utterly wrong. We were good for a point and 0-4 was very, very flattering. At 0-2 if we had got one of the two pens the game changes. Their second goal was one of the best I have seen in the Prem and Hazzard is total quality, he's up there with Messi and Ronaldo. But we hit the bar, we missed some good chances, it was not a 0-4.

I'm not so sure about that. They were worth four because they got them. The point is that we should have had a couple ourselves.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here