Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Watford sack Silva

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Have been talking to my Watford neighbour this morning.
He's not surprised at the decision, but surprised how quick it took.
Still thinks it's a family club, run by the ruthless headmaster in Pozzo :lolol:

It depends on the family. The Corleones and the Borgias were families too.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Talking of football grounds that are a pain in the arse to get to... Watford is a complete arse!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I assume by their comments regarding the unwarranted approach from Everton that Watford will be looking to appoint someone who us currently out of work

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I’m likely to get flamed for this, but I think TB should be doing everything in his power to get Marco Silva in.

Controversial but would Silva give us that lift in the next few games that could keep us up? Probably. Personally I think Hughton deserves the chance to lead us to safety. Good talking point though.

Glawstergull

May 21, 2004
GLAWSTERSHIRE
What does it matter? We must be close. He has a team in 4th place outside the top six, what are the board wanting from their manager?

Surely it's the only thing that matters. The only difference with our position is that our board aren't a bunch on knee jerking Italians and ours believes that Chris can turn it around. Just saying.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Surely it's the only thing that matters. The only difference with our position is that our board aren't a bunch on knee jerking Italians and ours believes that Chris can turn it around. Just saying.

I agree totally, we are a a steadfast club that doesn't do knee jerking.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Fair enough.

I think we’d have a better chance of staying up with Silva in charge, personally.

Luckily I'm sober now so I won't react drunkenly with the obligatory you're an idiot with your knee jerk reaction retort.
So I'll react soberly with with the obligatory you're entitled to your opinion even though I think you're an idiot for even thinking of binning CH retort:)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Football is bonkers. The majority of Premier League clubs are fielding weakened teams in the cup competitions (so they're never going to win anything) whilst simultaneously binning off a manger or two every year.

What is the point of it all? Where is the soul of football now? There's no journey to enjoy, there's no time to build up a relationship between players, fans and coaches, just a Groundhog Day of sacking, replacements, the managerial merry-go-round, desperate window signings, agents getting richer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here