Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Should Chris Hughton be given a full season even it it means relegation ?

Should Chris be given a full season ?

• Yes

Votes: 321 87.2%
  • Unsure

Votes: 27 7.3%
  • No

Votes: 20 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Hughton must stay but needs to educate himself. Its like playing chess against someone who has only one opening, we are way too predictable. Tactics change is more crucial than new players IMO

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Really? AK looks broken and sulky, a beaten man. Knocked off the ball far too easily.

He's always done that.

Duffy’s body language struck me today, throwing his arms up at team mates on a number of occasions.

He's always done that.

Think it might be a case of either seeing what you want to see here, or more likely that you never really noticed it before when things were going better. We lost a game and were shite almost throughout, if we didn't have players having strops and words with each other I'd be more concerned.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Yes, despite the odd hiccup he has managed to make us competitive in the toughest league in the world with what is essentially a Championship squad. The guy deserves a lot more credit than he is getting today.

Even if we go down he is our best bet to get promoted again.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I voted yes. But it somewhat depends on CH's and TB's arrangement. Has TB promised unwavering support, or have they had a pragmatic discussion about the rewards of being a football manager and also the pitfalls? Either way, I am sure Mr Bloom will do the right thing.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
GG have you been on the piss or something? I NEVER had you pegged as a Hughton doubter, ever!!

Had a couple of whisky's but said yes. Just throwing it out there

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You can’t sack Hughton until he’s had a proper run with a PL quality striker. If we were in our current position and run of form with a £20m striker in the team you could ask a LOT more questions of him. But right now I don’t really know how to judge him. There are some strange decisions being made but I suspect a lot of them are out of desperation. Whoever allowed us to start the season without a striker being signed is the first man who needs to lose their job, not Hughton.

100%

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Really? AK looks broken and sulky, a beaten man. Knocked off the ball far too easily. Duffy’s body language struck me today, throwing his arms up at team mates on a number of occasions. I really hope chris can turn it around, but it’s beginning to feel like a tough ask to get back the positivity and togetherness

Yes, really. I was on the front row today so can see the sweat on their brows when they're playing. I said a few days ago, don't confuse sulkiness with frustration. Knocky's worst critic is himself. He wants to succeed all the time and doesn't like it when he can't. He kicked the 6 yard line in frustration when he had a curling shot go just two inches over the crossbar.
Duffy exhorts other players, because he cares.

There is absolutely nothing I saw today that would indicate Chris losing the dressing room. I've seen us play worse, and he will sort it out.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Should Chris Hughton be given a full season even it it means relegation ?

Should we be different from the others and show hope and loyalty ?

...I like your content on here nearly all of the time.
In the parlance of our time.
WTF?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I would say no IF we had a plan B. But we don't seem to have even a plan A for a new striker, so......

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Really? AK looks broken and sulky, a beaten man. Knocked off the ball far too easily.

Perhaps we should ask Leicester about him? They didn't take too long to replace him with Mahrez when they went up to the PL - was he struggling there too?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
You can’t sack Hughton until he’s had a proper run with a PL quality striker. If we were in our current position and run of form with a £20m striker in the team you could ask a LOT more questions of him. But right now I don’t really know how to judge him. There are some strange decisions being made but I suspect a lot of them are out of desperation. Whoever allowed us to start the season without a striker being signed is the first man who needs to lose their job, not Hughton.

I don't necessarily agree that you can't do anything unless he's had a £20m striker but he needs to show something different to what we are doing. Playing the same failing formation week in week out doesn't show any invention from the coaching team (which includes Hughton). Persistent like for like subs with out new ideas isn't working.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here