Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

just a reminder

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You going to top those numbers up with acid attacks? /Anyway, you overlook the point that the USA is saturated with guns so any ban would lead to law abiding citizens being put at the mercy of criminals.
Have it your way - I'm sure 10 people in every 100,000 die of acid attacks in this country.

Regardless, I'm not arguing that acid attacks are a good thing, but the idea that arming pizza delivery men going into sink estates is going to prevent acid attacks seems a bit far fetched.

You also do not see any "safety" advocates offering up control as a final settlement, on a lot of issues this type of mission creep/progressive politics does not work, especially when the opposite is cast in stone,. For example, the progressive abolition of the monarchy? The NRA is always ready to negotiate wereas the GOA isn't, most Americans who are pro gun take their cue from the GOA.
For what it's worth, I agree with the position that just removing the right to bear arms would solve nothing - their gun laws are not that different from those in Canada, Belgium and fair few other western countries. It's a cultural problem they need to address, but they should also be closing some of the ridiculous loopholes they have. It shouldn't be possible for people with proven mental issues or indeed for convicted felons to own a gun.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
You going to top those numbers up with acid attacks? /Anyway, you overlook the point that the USA is saturated with guns so any ban would lead to law abiding citizens being put at the mercy of criminals.
And the response in this country to an increase in acid attacks? Legislate to make the acid used in the attacks more difficult to get hold of and increase penalties for taking part in these attacks; concentrate police resources on catching the perpetrators of the attacks - not just say "well as there's acid everywhere, the best thing to do is for everyone to have their own acid..."

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Here have some memes

Have it your way - I'm sure 10 people in every 100,000 die of acid attacks in this country.

Regardless, I'm not arguing that acid attacks are a good thing, but the idea that arming pizza delivery men going into sink estates is going to prevent acid attacks seems a bit far fetched.

lame.jpg

For what it's worth, I agree with the position that just removing the right to bear arms would solve nothing - their gun laws are not that different from those in Canada, Belgium and fair few other western countries. It's a cultural problem they need to address, but they should also be closing some of the ridiculous loopholes they have. It shouldn't be possible for people with proven mental issues or indeed for convicted felons to own a gun.

denpepe.jpg

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
And the response in this country to an increase in acid attacks? Legislate to make the acid used in the attacks more difficult to get hold of and increase penalties for taking part in these attacks; concentrate police resources on catching the perpetrators of the attacks - not just say "well as there's acid everywhere, the best thing to do is for everyone to have their own acid..."

17gdd8.jpg

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
Argument by meme, how sophisticated!

I think you'll find that there is quite a level of training and testing before someone is allowed to legally drive a truck because it is recognised that a truck can be a dangerous thing when not used carefully. And of course there is also the fact that trucks are not designed specifically to kill and maim people whereas guns often are.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You're not in the loop what the **** are you doing on this thread:facepalm:
Regards
DR

They are called Football Lads or something, yes? Well, I would suggest that puts me more in the loop than say, you, who does not attend football matches.
However, I am not bald, racist, fat , or thick and I dont have a penchant for standing topless on rental trucks so I am very likely out of this particular group. Of tw@ts.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
It's taken a while but I now realise that [MENTION=277]looney[/MENTION] is actually a genius. I bet he keeps a record of how many he hooks every day.

Jan 30, 2008
The left wing in this country are not going to suppress the right to stand up against extremists operating in this country that's the bottom line and the Government need to get their act together on the subject, enough is enough
Regards
DR

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The left wing in this country are not going to suppress the right to stand up against extremists operating in this country that's the bottom line and the Government need to get their act together on the subject, enough is enough
Regards
DR

Stand up to the extremists? You don't leave your ****ng living room from one day to the next you wally, how are you going to stand against the extremists?

But if it's all the same to you when it comes to standing up to extremists I'm gonna put my trust in the intelligence services and the police rather than a load of shouty, overweight booze-hounds, cheers.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Regards
DR
I thought the parody account had capital letters. It's so confusing.

Jan 30, 2008
Stand up to the extremists? You don't leave you're ****ng living room from one day to the next you wally, how are you going to stand against the extremists?

But if it's all the same to you when it comes to standing up to extremists I'm gonna put my trust in the intelligence services and the police rather than a load of shouty, overweight booze-hounds, cheers.
Wouldn't have to if they were kicked out of the country in the first place
,why are they still here walking the streets
Regards
DR

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Wouldn't have to if they were kicked out of the country in the first place
,why are they still here walking the streets
Regards
DR

Well I for one firmly believe this bunch of lads on the back of a rental van will succeed where highly trained operatives have failed. It's the logical next step.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Stand up to the extremists? You don't leave your ****ng living room from one day to the next you wally, how are you going to stand against the extremists?

40k football fans and war veterans.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here