Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

hyypia

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Everyone except @Thunderbolt then.

He was a dreadful manager, the worst I've seen in my 35 years supporting the club. Uninspiring, naiive and completely clueless. Turned a two time play-off contending team in relegation certainties in 7 short months.

Not a good manager yes but that team you speak of had all but disappeared to pastures new.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You've massively missed my point [MENTION=30159]jimbob5[/MENTION].

Because of Sami and what he did/didn't do, I think the club (Tony) will be all the better for the mistake.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Don't know about one of the worst but certainly most disappointing - he was a legend as a player and leader on the field.

You need to do a bit more research. The one thing Hyypia wasn't was a leader on the field. He admitted in a recent interview that he wasn't a leader at Liverpool. He said he let other, more forceful players do the shouting and organising, whilst he just got on with playing. A major character flaw in an individual hoping to make it into management, where you have to lead from the front.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Has to be in the top 3. Of the other two contenders , Hinshelwood was similarly out of his depth at Championship level and Wood simply didn't have a clue.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
He was dire - poor tactics and clearly made players nervous and they got worse. Made good players look poor then made poor go to bad. Not sure why TB had such faith in him. Hard work maybe, but if the work is making things worse then working harder makes things get worse faster!

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Not sure how it happened, but it was a poor decision by both parties to take the job on. He played at BL and knew the players and the system when he took over. It must have been a shock trying to work with the players we had and he did not have the epeiance or skill required to do the job.
However, hopefully he will get another chance as he is a decent and honourable bloke, and they are few and far between these days.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
His selections often baffled me, even as a layman I could clearly see there were huge holes in his on pitch strategy, even if strategy is used in its loosest sense. I can see why Leverkusen binned him, it seems to be a very similar scenario.

You know when a manager is sh*te because you and everyone around you can seen the shortfalls and deficiencies after a short period of time.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Not sure how it happened, but it was a poor decision by both parties to take the job on. He played at BL and knew the players and the system when he took over. It must have been a shock trying to work with the players we had and he did not have the epeiance or skill required to do the job.
However, hopefully he will get another chance as he is a decent and honourable bloke, and they are few and far between these days.
Nice chap. Will probably do an OK job at a medium sized Scandinavian club. He won't starve!

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
I am surprised that none of the older posters have not mentioned George Curtis who was easily the worst Brighton manager, he was responsible for back to back relegations. I can't remember another manager having that record.

albionite

May 20, 2009
I'm sure he will make a good defensive coach somewhere, but manager he is not.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Does every one now agree one of the worst managers in our history .

Shall we keep an open mind until Hughton has had 20 odd games ?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Adams mk2 was pretty shit to be honest but then he didnt expect to be top by october and knew who his enemies were.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Easily in the top 3. Will take a long time for him to get a decent job with his track record

I hear there is a vacancy at Gillingham , well its a starting point at a level where he can gain managerial experience without too many serious consequences.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here