Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Final table predictions

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Anyone feeling slightly chastened this evening :lol:

At least its a long season and we've got a couple of easier games coming up :)

Our squad last season was good enough to finish 15th and we are a better squad now. I expect us to improve. Watford had a poor finish and have lost an important player. Many are predicting they will be relegated. We were poor away from home last season and went with the same today, unfortunately Watford were fitter and better but they were one of 5 sides I thought we could've beaten away

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Palace will be top 10 I reckon
Burnley will struggle due to squad size and euro jaunt.
We should finish 16-12. Based on today's performance however, 20th!

In my predicted league, I had Palace as 10th. Over several transfer windows at great cost in fees and wages, they've built a squad of pace and power to rob teams on the counter. In the PL, that works a treat.

Last edited:

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005

Despite how shite we were today, I still think Watford will go down and we'll survive. (I did tip Burnley for the drop last season though :nono: )

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

We were as poor as I’ve seen us in years, a decent team would have put 5 past us.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
1. Man City
2. Liverpool
3. Man Utd
4. Spurs
5. Chelsea
6. Arsenal
7. Everton
8. Leicester
9. Wolves
10.West Ham
11. Palace
12. Burnley
13.Fulham
14.Bournemouth
15.Albion
16.Southampton
17.Watford
18.Newcastle
19.Huddersfield
20. Cardiff

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
Our squad last season was good enough to finish 15th and we are a better squad now. I expect us to improve. Watford had a poor finish and have lost an important player. Many are predicting they will be relegated. We were poor away from home last season and went with the same today, unfortunately Watford were fitter and better but they were one of 5 sides I thought we could've beaten away

I don't understand why Watford would be fitter - unlike the meticulous Hughton to allow this to happen.

How can an overweight Troy Deeney be fitter?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

If this is true, particularly the fitness issue, its a damning indictment of our pre-season especially as we have been led to believe that this year's pre-season was particularly hard to get the players up to a level of fitness where they could gegenpress for 90 minutes!!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
1 Manchester City
2 Liverpool
3 Manchester United
4 Tottenham Hotspur
-----------------------------
5 Chelsea
6 Arsenal
7 Burnley
-----------------------------
8 West Ham United
9 Brighton & Hove Albion
10 Wolverhampton Wanderers
11 Everton
12 Newcastle United
13 Leicester City
14 Watford
15 Crystal Palace
16 Fulham
17 Southampton
--------------------------------
18 Bournemouth
19 Huddersfield Town
20 Cardiff City

I'm banking on us playing the same way, but this time not conceding so many from set pieces and the confidence attained from that.

It all went wrong because we suddenly stopped scoring from open play, although we did remedy the set piece problem at both ends.

I completely underestimated Bournemouth and Leicester.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here