Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Any Albion Fans in Valencia?

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patreon
May 3, 2012
Valencia
Recently moved to Valencia from the south of Italy (void of any kind of fun, let alone watching football games and drinking) and although it's a long shot just wondering if anyone else lived here and fancied catching some of the games in the pub? The only two Brits I know here support Man United and although watching them has been hilarious over the last few years I wouldn't mind catching the Brighton games with a fellow Brighton fan.

Cheers!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Read the headline and thought I'd missed a friendly for a moment.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Recently moved to Valencia from the south of Italy (void of any kind of fun, let alone watching football games and drinking) and although it's a long shot just wondering if anyone else lived here and fancied catching some of the games in the pub? The only two Brits I know here support Man United and although watching them has been hilarious over the last few years I wouldn't mind catching the Brighton games with a fellow Brighton fan.

Cheers!

I will actually be in Valencia when we play Liverpool, so if you find a decent pub to watch the game in, post it on here and I will endeavour to get down.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I am in Rome at the moment if that helps

theboybilly

The St.Patrick's Irish Bar on Gran Via Marquez del Turia (?) which is about 400yds south of Cõlon Metro station should have live football on. They have a Facebook page.

EDIT: Just had a quick reply on Messenger that the St.Patricks Sports Bar is closed until September for renovations. A good place to meet when it does reopen though eh? I love Valencia - we were tentatively thinking of relocating there last year but it fell through.

Last edited:

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patreon
May 3, 2012
Valencia
The St.Patrick's Irish Bar on Gran Via Marquez del Turia (?) which is about 400yds south of Cõlon Metro station should have live football on. They have a Facebook page.

EDIT: Just had a quick reply on Messenger that the St.Patricks Sports Bar is closed until September for renovations. A good place to meet when it does reopen though eh? I love Valencia - we were tentatively thinking of relocating there last year but it fell through.

Watched a couple of World Cup games in St Pats and it was rammed. Mulligans is about a 20 minute walk from my house and less touristy so you only get ex pats living there going to watch games.

Annoyingly, there was the hurling final on at the same time as the United game so there was me and 20 mancs stuffed into a corner of Saint Martins. I was wildly popular, as you can imagine.

theboybilly

Watched a couple of World Cup games in St Pats and it was rammed. Mulligans is about a 20 minute walk from my house and less touristy so you only get ex pats living there going to watch games.

Annoyingly, there was the hurling final on at the same time as the United game so there was me and 20 mancs stuffed into a corner of Saint Martins. I was wildly popular, as you can imagine.

How are you finding living in Valencia? We looked at Llaria(?) and a couple of other places but I really wanted to be nearer the sea (at the far end of the Metro I think) Are you more central?

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patreon
May 3, 2012
Valencia
How are you finding living in Valencia? We looked at Llaria(?) and a couple of other places but I really wanted to be nearer the sea (at the far end of the Metro I think) Are you more central?

Living in Valencia is amazing. It's very walkable, the metro is good, taxis are cheap and they have the Boris Bike type system too so you can move around the city easily. Loads of terraces to eat and drink on, the cost of life is cheap and the quality of flats, food etc is high.

I don't really know the surrounding villages that well (except Buñol where they have Tomatina) but I like fairly near the beach just next to Maritim metro stop in the centre. If you want to be close to the beach but still fairly close to the action have a look at Patacona and most of the little towns or barrios to the south of the city (from el Saler down to Denia) are pretty nice. Neighbourhoods like Machado offer really good value for money and are on the metro line.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Found a couple of decent Irish bars to watch the games in. Mulligans, St Patricks and Saint Martins.

We went past St Patrick’s today on the way to the beach bus 92 i think, anyways I can sneak off from the wife and little one Saturday and will head to St Martins 1: because it’s a great name. 2: it’s literally a straight line 10 min walk from where we are staying, so easy to stagger back if we win.... probably nailed on lots of Liverpool fans in an Irish bar, saw one yesterday in the sea with a wet suit on talking on his mobile that went along the lines of “if he misses another payment, I will go round his house with my dogs and he won’t miss another payment, believe me... no one ****s with me”...... He was saying this whilst blowing kisses to his bow on the beach and throwing a ball to his young daughter in the sea....

Charming

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
There was something missing for me with Valencia, couldn't put my finger on it. However the beach is incredible and public transport better than anything I have experienced in any other Spanish city.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here