Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Why no fixture 13/14 October?

Had a quick look but only one or two internationals that weekend but no PL or Championship games? Any idea why? I suspect this is a stupid question but I'll ask it anyway :dunce:

Extremadura are playing Cadiz that weekend and as I need to book another trip to Spain I want to go and see that game (a) to see our new guy and (b) to catch up with some Cadiz friends. But obviously I don't want to miss an Albion game.

Have searched online but can't see why there are no fixtures?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
It’s an international break for match day 3 and 4 of the new UEFA Nations League. England are away to Croatia on the 12th October and away to Spain on 15th.

International weekend

Thats what I thought but only wales and Spain on the thursday and Scotland on Portugal on the Saturday. Belgium denmark and Sweden are home on the 16th but hardly a full weekend of International fixtures? Seems a bit over the top to cancel PL and Champoinship games?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Croatia v England Friday 12th October

Uefa Nations League

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Thats what I thought but only wales and Spain on the thursday and Scotland on Portugal on the Saturday. Belgium denmark and Sweden are home on the 16th but hardly a full weekend of International fixtures? Seems a bit over the top to cancel PL and Champoinship games?

Well no, you won't see a full weekend of fixtures if you only check half the days across the weekend. :dunce:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

I would guess the PL has to do what FIFA says regarding international breaks. FIFA website is always good for booking holidays in the football season as you can see when all the breaks are for about 12 months in advance.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
UEFA Nations League could have been so good. Four leagues of 14. Four up, four down. 13 matches played over two years. Winner would be genuine champions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here