Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion bottom of the Premier League...

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I just miss Errea for their creativity and clear passion for giving a team an identity rather than a purely commercial driven decisions.

- Adidas are similarly boring, but I think the quality of the shirts is better.
- Puma have made some great kits this year.
- Umbro are an absolute dream. The style, quality and detailing are unmatched IMO.
- New Balance and Under Armour are also decent. They go a bit astray sometimes. But they give their teams a unique look.

Nike shirts are shit quality, maximum profit, minimum effort ****.

If I could choose it would be Umbro without doubt. Macron a close second.

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
Consult with the fans next time and we'd be top of that list Mr Barber

Genuinely the worst idea - "a camel is a horse designed by a committee".

Or...

1_Y3ZibsBlrVfWspy9HLANPQ.jpeg

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
We need to look at Joma - they do some really nice kits for teams (Atalanta, Toulouse, Sampdoria etc)

Attachments

• atalanta-joma-kit-17-18.jpg
    atalanta-joma-kit-17-18.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 160

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Are you serious ?

Rivalries aside, Palace's home kit, as usual, is a gaudy bag of pigs vomit. As someone else mentioned on this thread, putting red and blue stripes together is a migraine-inducing MESS. Its like telling a 5 year old to draw something "colourful" and letting them loose with a box of crayons. Its a comically vile colour combo, brutally reinforced by the fact that they are the ONLY club in the entire 92 who ever go anywhere near it (are Dagenham still in the League ?).

Barca get away with it because they've toned it down to a darker blue and a deeper rouge. Palace always look like they're playing on a 1970's TV with the colour contrast turned right up to the max. Hideous. And all topped off with that utterly CATASTROPHIC sponsor. Vile.

I was going to put a picture of it up to illustrate the point, but I appreciate some people are still having their breakfast.

Can't really blame the kit designer for, you know, using the club colours. Away shirt is a decent nod to past, tastefully done.

Unsurprisingly, their kits have rated higher than ours in every poll I've seen.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Our kit isn't great but I like it more than the Cardiff shirt. That has relegation written all over it. A la Boro a couple of seasons back.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Can't really blame the kit designer for, you know, using the club colours. Away shirt is a decent nod to past, tastefully done.

Unsurprisingly, their kits have rated higher than ours in every poll I've seen.

Its no reflection on the kit designer of course, they were just lumbered with producing another monstrosity in Palace's current abhorrent colours (as we know, with CPFC 2010 having no real tradition, they can't always decide exactly what their home colours are). The brightly-coloured gaudy jester costume is probably popular with children I guess.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I must be one sick puppy because I love the away kit. The home could be better for sure, but it really isn't that bad.

Away shirt is really nice. Stick Germany's badge on it and everyone would be drooling over it.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
The sooner we get clear of Nike the better....the award of the shirt contract to them allied to the fact that there is clearly no-one in the Albion hierarchy with an ounce of design sense or taste has resulted in mess mess mess
Maybe handover responsibility to the recruitment team?

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I wouldn't put Albion quite so low, but Palace's duo are MUCH nicer than ours this season, imo. (Sponsor aside, of course)

I really, really, don't like the sash style streak on the away kit. Didn't like it on the southampton kit. Such a design is horrid. The red an blue is harsh on the eyes, and made worse by the yellow trim. And in this day and age can you really discount the sponsor? In modern football it's almost as much a part a part of the kit as the team badge.

Putting that aside, even someone like you who isn't a fan of our kit wouldn't put it so low. Which still feeds into this idea that perhaps the writer wasn't basing our ranking solely on the design of the kit.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Just looking at the new signings photos, and it brings home how lovely the narrower stripes on the kit held up by Balogun are, compared to the fat stripes on this season's kit.

I'm neutral, if uninspired, by the bland away kit.

Hopefully next year's efforts are more to my taste.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I really, really, don't like the sash style streak on the away kit. Didn't like it on the southampton kit. Such a design is horrid. The red an blue is harsh on the eyes, and made worse by the yellow trim.

The sash and colours are intrinsic and historic design elements. If you were a Palace fan, you're not going to complain about those.

And in this day and age can you really discount the sponsor? In modern football it's almost as much a part a part of the kit as the team badge.

No, but it's going to be there, regardless of the shirt design. No Prem League CEO is choosing a sponsor on the basis of their logo.

Putting that aside, even someone like you who isn't a fan of our kit wouldn't put it so low. Which still feeds into this idea that perhaps the writer wasn't basing our ranking solely on the design of the kit.

I like the home shirt, but it's not unique or exciting. The away shirt is one of the very worst, imo. Anyway....

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
It's shit but I'd like to point out re: the Nike template:

The Spurs away kit is just the City home kit in different colours.

Generic FC all round.

I'm sure I saw Joan Hickson wearing the Spurs away kit when she played ''Miss Marple''

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The sash and colours are intrinsic and historic design elements. If you were a Palace fan, you're not going to complain about those.
No, but it's going to be there, regardless of the shirt design. No Prem League CEO is choosing a sponsor on the basis of their logo.

Just because something has a historic or intrinsic design doesn't make it good. A sash is awful. That they've had sashes in the past just means they had badly designed kits in the past. The stripes are intrinsic and historic design elements of the brighton shirt. I'm not going to like our shirt just because it has stripes. If I were a palace fan and my fashion taste remained the same, I would still not like the shirt. A plain green top has historical significance for us, but you think the away shirt is one of the worst.

It's a judgement of the kits as they are. If you need historical context to appreciate it, it's a poor design (in the context of 'who has the best kit this. If you have to discard elements of the top to like it, it's a poor design.

est.83

Dec 6, 2003
Estonia
Currently watching Newcastle vs Tottenham and noticed that Newcastle's shirt has a striped back (without a white square). I thought there was some sort of a rule to make the number more visible they should use this stupid white square on the back. So Brighton use this design voluntarily? Barber OUT!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here