Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I already knew that but unlike you I also knew it solves nothing in terms of the not insignificant matter of the 208 crossing points between Northern Ireland and The Republic of Ireland, so in short it doesn't solve anything in regards to the Irish border.

I wouldn't bother mate, the dirty perv just posts contrary bollocks to get an argument.Try not to get drawn into his murky, toxic game. On the other hand, it is amusing and incredibly easy to wind him up. Look how irate this post will get him, especially if I tap to view his post, that really triggers the angry baby in him :lolol::lolol:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Why mention it then as answer to the question "But you've missed a major sticking point: the border with Ireland?"

You really don't know what you're talking about.

My response was clear, new clause 37 was relevant to the topic of the "sea border". If you had noticed in the brexit debate there has been talk of a sea border regarding customs and a land border regarding customs........please try and keep up.

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
While it's true that De Gaulle vetoed the UK's entry - twice - it was because he thought that the UK would act as a trojan horse for the US. The US desperately wanted the UK to be a member of the EEC.

de Gaulle also harboured a deep dislike of all-things Anglo-American as a result of Churchill and Roosevelt's desire to remove him as head of the Free French movement during WW2.

Fast-forward to today, and the current US president wishes to see the EU weakened as a bloc. 70+ years of geopolitical chicanery. Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose ;-)

Anyway, I digress.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I wouldn't bother mate, the dirty perv just posts contrary bollocks to get an argument.Try not to get drawn into his murky, toxic game. On the other hand, it is amusing and incredibly easy to wind him up. Look how irate this post will get him, especially if I tap to view his post, that really triggers the angry baby in him :lolol::lolol:

You are too much of an irrelevant joke on here to get irate over.Whats the point in getting angry with the thread village idiot :dunce:
How is your prediction of complete economic collapse by early 2018 because of brexit coming along?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
My response was clear, new clause 37 was relevant to the topic of the "sea border". If you had noticed in the brexit debate there has been talk of a sea border regarding customs and a land border regarding customs........please try and keep up.

You weren't asked about a 'sea border' you were asked about the 'Irish border'. Clause 37 solves nothing in regards to it, yet you quoted it and Sammy Wilson as as being a solution.

It's pointless talking to you - it's rather like having the misfortune of running into someone in a night club and engaging in conversation with them whilst they're suffering from drug induced psychosis - I'll leave you alone with your delusions and I'm sure you've got other ways to amuse yourself on the internet.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
You weren't asked about a 'sea border' you were asked about the 'Irish border'. Clause 37 solves nothing in regards to it, yet you quoted it and Sammy Wilson as as being a solution.

It's pointless talking to you - it's rather like having the misfortune of running into someone in a night club and engaging in conversation with them whilst they're suffering from drug induced psychosis - I'll leave you alone with your delusions and I'm sure you've got other ways to amuse yourself on the internet.

Clause 37 references the customs sea border, it isnt designed to do anything with the customs land border, i have never said it did. You are reading too much into things.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Farron and Cable absent from Parliament last night and missed the votes. Tossers.

2 SNP as well apparently.

Not that I'd defend MPs ( in particular Lib Dem ones !!! ) missing a key vote but did they trade off their votes against MPs that would have voted in favour but were also missing ?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Not that I'd defend MPs ( in particular Lib Dem ones !!! ) missing a key vote but did they trade off their votes against MPs that would have voted in favour but were also missing ?

I don't know but if I voted for that nonsense of a political party I'd want an explanation.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

It is instructive to do a Google search of this deal and check the number of links showing to pro-Brexit media outlets. The answer seems to be something either side of zero. The story is being covered by the world, by the BBC, by the neutral media and of course by pro-EU outlets, all the publications most likely to be avoided by Leavers. With a bit of luck most Brexiteers will be completely unaware of it.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Usual nonsense from the moaners on here.Are the ECJ now supreme in Japan?Have Japan joined the Euro and Schengen?Free movement of people?EU red lines cannot be crossed so it's fake news,that's why it's not in the reputable press!:lolol:

Perhaps in the interest of balance,this should be posted:-

real news.png

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Fewer brain cells though :thumbsup:

Oi you, not all older people voted out, I would like a breakdown of ages and voting records for the referendum.
In my experience there are loads of voters who when given the opportunity to vote against the current incumbent did so to hand out bloody noses, these voters are from all age groups! We as a nation are so completely intertwined with the EC that withdrawal is so complex and virtually impossible to negotiate that the prime minister of the day immediately resigned and basically said "feck you, you wanted it, you sort it " then galloped off into the sunset, what chance have we remainers got? The ones who wanted it just run away at any given opportunity when the going gets difficult, the hardliners want nothing but out and a return to the impossible dream of British Empire, their supporters on here are either away with the fairies or in maybe even one or two cases are indeed fairies, a good number of remainers just voted for the status quo, as the devil you know........ etc, and the more intelligent who could foresee the clusterfeck coming, I've still to be enlightened as to just what advantage there is in leaving, we get told it's to take back control but control of what? Stopping immigration, then we're told there has to be immigration to fill jobs that we cannot, so immigration will have to continue, make our own laws, we still have to follow EC law else we won't be able to trade with the EC, keeping the pound, we are anyway, blue passport instead of red! Please leavers tell me honestly what I've missed and what great advantage there is in leaving this massive trading bloc?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here