Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Southampton vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

NEC-Nijmegen

Jun 5, 2015
Ali J must start ahead of Solly surely now!

Agreed. Great performance. A pity that his team mates (especially Locadia on two instances) did not seek out to him more often, as he clearly wsss the fittest on the pitch and had a lot of space on the left side.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Poor pen again. Straight down the middle. The one against Fulham was a peach.

Delighted with a point.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I thought Southampton were abysmal in that 2nd half and I think they've got big problems, they'll definitely be in the relegation mix.

A fair result that. There's a lot for us to take from that 2nd half. Knockaert MOTM for me, just ahead of Duffy.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
A point away from home - relegation avoidance form!

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Very relieved in the end. It worries me how poor an influence the new signings have had, but what Murray offers is ultimately EXPERIENCE.

I like to see new signings as much as the next person, but none of them have the experience or know how that Murray has. Next season when we look to strengthen we have to look for some Prem Lge experience. Schurrle going to Fulham was the sort of player we could have done with. I hope the new faces will fit in with time, but Murray summed up what we really need in this league, and age is no barrier.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
If we had played like that for 90 minutes instead of 45 we would have smashed them

Absolutely. Second half much better but still need more composure in the final third.
Locadia, wow, horrible performance from the bench. I hope Andone is decent!
Knockaert playing with passion and determination again. Almost single handedly dragging us back into the game.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
The lad has come of age, he looks stronger, his decision making is generally always right and his discipline seems channelled.:bowdown:

Long may it continue.

Yeah, you know Knockaert of old would have been driving in all over the place and losing his sh*t.

Was so impressed with how he got hold of the game and kept his focus when we really needed that from him. He was the game changer today, great to see.

His kind of passion and commitment when channelled right is priceless.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
With the intro of AJ looked like we started to want to play on the floor, noticed propper massively improved when we kept it on the floor fast paced.

No idea what’s up with Locardia, Murray who had done 70 mins was chasing down more than him,initial assessment, seems lazy and uninterested ( can see him going back to Holland in the summer)
The highlight reel pre season showed pace, aggression and clinical finishing.

I’d like to see Murray and AJ up top when we revert to 442

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
The game had swung in our favour. If there had been another 10 minutes I think we would've won it

Arvin

Jul 24, 2018
Washington DC
Would love to see Andone come off the bench next game instead of Locadia, perhaps even as a starter to change the style Brighton has when going up. With Murray its a lot of hold up play and clever flicks, perhaps though with Andone it'll be more pacey which'll be useful when trying to counter against Spurs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here