Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] People you'd rather see as Foreign Secretary than Boris Johnson

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
This says more about you than it does about the two women.

It does indeed.

I , like (and this is where the 90% has got to be correct) 90% or more of the population would feel less comfortable sitting next to a veiled figure who`s eyes are only visible through a slit than a jolly looking Nun.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
It does indeed.

I , like (and this is where the 90% has got to be correct) 90% or more of the population would feel less comfortable sitting next to a veiled figure who`s eyes are only visible through a slit than a jolly looking Nun.

Second thoughts got to be 99%....Obviously Schmunk an exception.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It does indeed.

What if you stuck the Nun in the burqa and the Asian woman in a Nun's costume?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Unfortunately, those on the left of the political spectrum think they hold the moral high ground and any other opinion, or view, other than theirs is just wrong and in most cases outrageous. Whatever happened to freedom of speech?

Absolute nonsense. He's used his freedom of speech to show the world (once again) who he is, and what he has written is quite rightly out there to be judged.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
How do you know it's a nun?

nunsontherun.jpg

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
It does indeed.

Why? Do these little Muslim women intimidate you?

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Absolute nonsense. He's used his freedom of speech to show the world (once again) who he is, and what he has written is quite rightly out there to be judged.

A lot of people seem to agree with him though, but their views are, obviously irrelevant to the pseudo intellectuals. So how does what Boris has said compare to, say, Charlie Hebdo? Personally I don’t condone what he has written as it was unnecessary, but find the total outrage of some hard to fathom. Western dress codes, particularly for women, are outlawed in many Muslim countries and offenders likened to whores. Where’s the balance?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I don't, but i know it's an old lady.

:shrug:

The other one is clearly a young woman.

TBH it was a crap example picture that [MENTION=3734]Giraffe[/MENTION] found to illustrate the point he was trying to make. You can see her features pretty clearly through the fabric!

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
What if you stuck the Nun in the burqa and the Asian woman in a Nun's costume?

Obvious surely....I like anyone judges on what you can see !! A figure with a slit that shows only it`s eyes could be anything. You assume it is an Asian Woman. Why ? Anyone who feels the need to hide their identity concerns me.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
A lot of people seem to agree with him though, but their views are, obviously irrelevant to the pseudo intellectuals. So how does what Boris has said compare to, say, Charlie Hebdo? Personally I don’t condone what he has written as it was unnecessary, but find the total outrage of some hard to fathom.

Do you not draw any distinction between the writings in a clearly satirical magazine, and statements from a politician and recent occupant of one of our great offices of state?

Why are you picking on poor Boris? Frankie Boyle said far worse...

Nonsense argument.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
A lot of people seem to agree with him though, but their views are, obviously irrelevant to the pseudo intellectuals.

What pseudo intellectuals? Who do you mean?

So how does what Boris has said compare to, say, Charlie Hebdo?

Whataboutism. One's an article about legal attire that references a casually racist joke and the other is a cartoon about Muhammed in a satirical magazine. Hebdo had plenty of other targets but Boris only seems to be writing for the Brexit / Brietbart crowd at the moment. Wonder why that is?

Personally I don’t condone what he has written as it was unnecessary, but find the total outrage of some hard to fathom. Western dress codes, particularly for women, are outlawed in many Muslim countries and offenders likened to whores. Where’s the balance?

I know you're replying to HKFC here but I refer you to my earlier post. Your final two sentences don't agree with your first one. We allow the Burqa here because we ARE more liberal and accepting than many Muslim countries. I fundamentally disagree with the stance that Denmark have taken and it's definitely not liberal.

But what I'd really like to understand is if you feel that speech should be kept free but dress code not? If you are for both freedoms then all you seem to be complaining about is Muslims being annoyed about a clearly ignorant statement about them and those on the political side opposite to Boris debating with him over his language.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Course it is! Haha. Do you get scared at halloween by those nasty kids in masks as well?

You Joke.....However A lot of old people are indeed scared by the aggressive sometimes threatening behaviour of trick or treaters in masks.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Obvious surely....I like anyone judges on what you can see !! A figure with a slit that shows only it`s eyes could be anything. You assume it is an Asian Woman. Why ? Anyone who feels the need to hide their identity concerns me.

But she'd be a nun in a Burqa. A "jolly" nun even. Who could be nicer than a jolly nun to sit next to?

As I pointed out in my other reply the person under the Burqa in the picture has an Asian skin tone and eye colour and obviously female features.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Islamic State have carried out many terrorist attacks dressed in burkhas,most recently in Afghanistan.Armed robberies have been carried out in this country by people dressed in burkhas,so hardly fancy dress.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here