Status
Not open for further replies.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This is what I wrote in Mod Towers in March

View attachment 96544

It was discussed at length in terms of the way NSC has been overrun by political threads which quickly turn abusive. One suggestion was to merge them all, I'm in favour of it. In the end, like many things, no final decision was made.

So what? What you said here was to agree with Titanic, and then you denied doing so. And since no decision was made, what gives Titanic the right to just carry it out?

You carry on dodging the pertinent points if it makes you feel better, but it makes you look like a complete cock to the rest of us.

Possibly, but if you take a look at some other threads the mods have let rip at each other.
Yet more utter crap. I've been here for years and I can't remember fellow mods "letting rip at each other" EVER.

Last edited:

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
So what? What you said here was to agree with Titanic, and then you denied doing so. And since no decision was made, what gives Titanic the right to just carry it out?

You carry on dodging the pertinent points if it makes you feel better, but it makes you look like a complete cock to the rest of us.

Why didn’t TITanic merge all the Labour ones in that case ???

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

1: We merge threads on a regular basis, including, but not restricted to, political ones. A perfect example would be the Brexit thread. No one had a 'right' to do it, one mod made a decision and that's how we tend to operate. If someone had complained it would have been discussed and probably a decision made or not made.

2: If you had an issue with the threads being merged, why not report it to Mod Towers? The only reason why I was involved was that a complaint was sent in respect of that thread, in relation to the abuse that was being given. I picked up the complaint and took a look at it. I don't think abusing mods helps anyone.

3: I didn't agree with his original decision, my comment was in relation to merging political threads in general. I tend to avoid them, as do most of the mods, as they quickly turn into one eyed binfests.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
2: If you had an issue with the threads being merged, why not report it to Mod Towers? The only reason why I was involved was that a complaint was sent in respect of that thread, in relation to the abuse that was being given. I picked up the complaint and took a look at it. I don't think abusing mods helps anyone.
Your behaviour on here perfectly illustrates why that would be a complete waste of time.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just wondering where the pre election voting poll is? [MENTION=36]Titanic[/MENTION] usually loves posting these? .... The only odd thing is that every one he posts usually shows Labour falling against the Tories but somehow they keep getting back in front?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Yet more utter crap. I've been here for years and I can't remember fellow mods "letting rip at each other" EVER.

Sexist 1.JPG

Sexist 2.JPG

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Just wondering where the pre election voting poll is? [MENTION=36]Titanic[/MENTION] usually loves posting these? .... The only odd thing is that every one he posts usually shows Labour falling against the Tories but somehow they keep getting back in front?

He selectively posted his favoured poll earlier today :lol:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
In 45 minutes, you've managed to find ONE thread of two mods having a go at each other, as if that somehow proves a point. Absolutely pathetic.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
In 45 minutes, you've managed to find ONE thread of two mods having a go at each other, as if that somehow proves a point. Absolutely pathetic.

You've been gobbing off on more than one thread recently ... is everything alright?

Btw Titanic and Hans Kraay fan club had a recent spat on a political thread, how many examples do you want?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Why didn’t TITanic merge all the Labour ones in that case ???

Maybe the same reason that when I once replied to a post of his politely suggesting to him that he merge 2 of the Salisbury poisoning ones that were on the go he didn't respond and didn't merge them? Those 2 threads, among some others, seemed to have much more in common with each other than Windrush and someone pretending to be a Falklands veteran.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You've been gobbing off on more than one thread recently ... is everything alright?

Btw Titanic and Hans Kraay fan club had a recent spat on a political thread, how many examples do you want?
Instead of "more than one", you could have written "two".

I guess that doesn't have the impact you were looking for though. Equally, I just wanted more than one example of mods ripping into each other. I'm not sure a simple political disagreement actually counts as that does it?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Instead of "more than one", you could have written "two".

I guess that doesn't have the impact you were looking for though. Equally, I just wanted more than one example of mods ripping into each other. I'm not sure a simple political disagreement actually counts as that does it?

Ok, you've been gobbing off on two threads then ... is everything alright? :angel:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Some recent posts look suspiciously like a witch hunt. Deeply unedifying.

Like [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION], I don’t personally agree with most of [MENTION=36]Titanic[/MENTION]’s politics, but when I was modding, I found him to be engaged and thoughtful, while trying to be balanced.

Whether or not the merging of the two threads was a reasonable thing to do, I’d be confident that Titanic did it for what he considered good reasons. I repeat: the witch hunt is unedifying, and, if I’m honest, looks agenda-driven to me.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Whether or not the merging of the two threads was a reasonable thing to do, I’d be confident that Titanic did it for what he considered good reasons. I repeat: the witch hunt is unedifying, and, if I’m honest, looks agenda-driven to me.
Well I can't say I have an agenda, personally. :shrug: I'm just disappointed at two mods behaving in a way they really really shouldn't.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Some recent posts look suspiciously like a witch hunt. Deeply unedifying.

Like [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION], I don’t personally agree with most of [MENTION=36]Titanic[/MENTION]’s politics, but when I was modding, I found him to be engaged and thoughtful, while trying to be balanced.

I thought titanic was female?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here