Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Govern or Go

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
Why do people refer to him as 'Boris' and everyone else by their surname ? Has his bumbling act really caused such affection ?

How on earth he is anywhere near government I don't know.

What's the choice for next leader ? Him or Rees-Mogg ?

Strewth.

I agree a new leader will be very hard to find.

The country has no real choice whatever party they choose to vote for.

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
Mrs Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe is in a region of the world controlled by that countries rules. Only an idiot would think those rules fair I guess. However they alone get to decide who to arrest and for what. International or charitable pressure should and is applied. Whether they decide to listen is again up to them unfortunately for her. I can't quite see why a prominent politician in the UK should have to resign though by stating the bleeding obvious. As for the OP you go right ahead pretending for you it's not a feminist fight. Bless you.

My fight is with power. It just happens that women are affected more. Partly our own fault for not standing up to people with power over us. It happens to men too.

My fight is with anyone who exerts pressure over another because they have more influence.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I love Boris. Leave Theresa alone. Someone has to see Brexit through and she is doing a good job in a difficult situation.

No they don't.

'Someone' COULD take the braver, less populist route, of actually doing what is best for the nation, based on the overwhelming weight of evidence.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am not sure whether I heard this correct or not as I was getting ready to go and catch a bus but I thought I heard on This Morning when being interviewed her husband said that Iran maintain that he is a British Spy so she was helping him gain information.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
And now a bad situation has got worse with Michael Gove equivocating about why she was in Iran.

We're at the stage where although Corbyn lost the last election the May government is disintegrating to the point where I think Corbyn and Labour could be the largest party if there were to be GE in the next 3 months.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
And now a bad situation has got worse with Michael Gove equivocating about why she was in Iran.

We're at the stage where although Corbyn lost the last election the May government is disintegrating to the point where I think Corbyn and Labour could be the largest party if there were to be GE in the next 3 months.

Do you think that will happen as I cannot see the likelehood of GE in the next 12 months yet alone 3 as I cannot see TM or the Tories pushing for one until they have succesfully negotiated Brexit to fall back on for votes.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Do you think that will happen as I cannot see the likelehood of GE in the next 12 months yet alone 3 as I cannot see TM or the Tories pushing for one until they have succesfully negotiated Brexit to fall back on for votes.

Hahahahahahahahahaha

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I know we don't know the whole story, its just if one of my relatives were in a foreign jail, I would not expect our Foreign Secretary to actively make their flight worse.

Perhaps if she had listened to Foreign Office advice on Iran,she wouldn't be in prison in the first place.But as a former BBC employee,who taught foreign journos apparently,I'm sure she knew better.

loon.jpg

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Just hand the whole thing over to Juncker and Merkel then; they could send in an EU task force to run the country - at least that would keep the remainers happy!

I'm not sure if they could make more of a mess of the county. How long did it take the Tories to win an election? How long could they hold it together for?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'm not sure if they could make more of a mess of the county. How long did it take the Tories to win an election? How long could they hold it together for?

Thankfully the greatest part of the time spent between the end of WW2 and now has been spent under a Tory government, long may it continue.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Just hand the whole thing over to Juncker and Merkel then; they could send in an EU task force to run the country - at least that would keep the remainers happy!

I thought they already did run it, at least according to many brexiters here

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

Yet again on this thread an excellent use of irony...I just love the fantasy that the Tories are capable of successfully negotiating Brexit - hahaha ha ha - excellent stuff!!!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Anything is possible. All rational thought went out of the window the moment May lost her majority. The vultures are circling and they are ALL at it, in their own way - Boris, Gove, Patel, Hammond, Davis, Mogg.

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
Perhaps if she had listened to Foreign Office advice on Iran,she wouldn't be in prison in the first place.But as a former BBC employee,who taught foreign journos apparently,I'm sure she knew better.

View attachment 91102

I would not travel to Iran. But this lady was visiting her parents with her daughter. Very sad as if she is ever released, she will never be able to visit them again.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Well, many think it is. And we're happy for it to be.

Well they are all wrong.

Little wonder that countries like Iran act they way they do with Britain when neo imperialists people like you think we can interfere with how they treat their own citizens.

She is Iranian and was arrested in Iran, which is unfortunate for her British husband but the Iranians don’t recognise dual nationality status. The days of Gunboat democracy are over Mr Palmerstone.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
...I just love the fantasy that the Tories are capable of successfully negotiating Brexit - hahaha ha ha - excellent stuff!!!

It's never been done...uncharted waters if you like, the people voted so let's get on with it. Nobody, on either side, has a bloody clue what to do or what might happen.

Citizen_smith.jpg

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Are you really nitpicking about the definition of holiday?

Precision is not nitpicking.

She was in Iran to see her family, that’s why her old man was not with her........if they were all on holiday then sure, I could accept that it was a family holiday but it wasn’t.

She was in Iran to see her family, end of.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
He seems to be. My father and brother have been to see me and class it as a holiday. Maybe it is work, and extremely hard work at that, if [MENTION=12825]cunning fergus[/MENTION] is a family member?

I know the difference between going on holiday and going home to see my family.

Both are enjoyable, but also different........this woman was in Iran to see her family, that why she wasn’t with her husband.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here