Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Walking dead

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
A TV series contrived? Whatever next!
Well the good series (and I generally think TWD is good) seem less contrived.
Let's be honest, that was nothing compared to Glen surviving under a dumpster after falling into a herd of walkers!
Well there have been a few instances where characters have survived unrealistic challenges, but the whole setup for the shootout seemed nonsense to me to the point that it spoilt it to some extent.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Well the good series (and I generally think TWD is good) seem less contrived.
Well there have been a few instances where characters have survived unrealistic challenges, but the whole setup for the shootout seemed nonsense to me to the point that it spoilt it to some extent.

I'll have to watch it again, are we talking where Rick and his drippy son are about to be executed and the tiger jumps in for the rescue, and it all got a bit A-Team* with lots of shooting but not a lot of people getting hit? That bit?

*come to think of it, have they missed a trick not writing in an A-Team like episode, Rick and a couple of others get trapped in a shed with an old van, some welding gear, some oil drums, a skip, a disk cutter, and a ready to mount 38mm machine gun? They then come bursting out of the garage doors, der der da der da da der, der da da der, der der der der der...

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'll have to watch it again, are we talking where Rick and his drippy son are about to be executed and the tiger jumps in for the rescue, and it all got a bit A-Team with lots of shooting but not a lot of people getting hit? That bit?
Yep. They were simply trying to kill Negan and some of his followers. They could have just taken out Negan and whomever was with him on any visit, piece of cake. What's left of his followers would take time to reorganise etc, and there would be a power struggle. When Negan arrived in a truck, that should have just been immediately destroyed with an RPG. Instead they join up with some people they don't know and allow them access to everything, and they still don't completely lose. Because yes, Shiva and gang managed to sneak up within 30 feet unnoticed.

I get the feeling the writers decided they wanted a big battle, and wanted some extra group in it, and then planned the series around that.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Could of easily shot Neegan last night but no.

Decided to unload round after round after round into concrete buildings and windows.

They must have a new Ammunition stash is all I can say.

Didn't like the dream thing.

Solid enough start though

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'll have to duck out of this thread while I wait for the season to finish before I binge watch it.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
Avoiding possible spoilers.

Fan theory in FTWD says Madison and daughter go on to be baddies in TWD, but the biggest problem would be Madisons daughters name which is different to the baddies daughter in the comic, But.....

1 Director from TWD transfered to beef up season 3 of FTWD.

2 Last episode Alicia may have drowned and a young girl said Olah to madison on the bank of the Dam, could be taken under her wing as FTWD is set 7 years behind TWD.

3 Nicks comments to his mother twigging that he thought she was a monster after she killed Troy, like "when are you going to kill me?" or"youve lived in 2 worlds but it is this one where you have become your true self"

A Lot of the main characters in Fear are Psychopaths, Troy, Daniel, Strand, Daniels daughter, Madison's younger son. Madison got on well with them especial Troy who was one sick Puppy.
Id be surprised if they killed Alicia off just yet madison is certainly getting darker with each season I can’t see her becoming a female negan though

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Could of easily shot Neegan last night but no.

Decided to unload round after round after round into concrete buildings and windows.

They must have a new Ammunition stash is all I can say.

Didn't like the dream thing.

Solid enough start though

I said to the Mrs they've had months (years?) of firing thousands of rounds at all manner of people, dead and alive, and they couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo when Negan and his lieutenants were stood still a few yards away.
The whole thing is just a fantasy.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Is it me, or has the latest series gone a bit A-Team?

Lots and lots of automatic gunfire, hardly anyone getting hit. Almost comedy falling over from behind a car when someone is eventually hit.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Is it me, or has the latest series gone a bit A-Team?

Lots and lots of automatic gunfire, hardly anyone getting hit. Almost comedy falling over from behind a car when someone is eventually hit.
There was one scene that reminded me of a shoot out from police squad.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
There was one scene that reminded me of a shoot out from police squad.

They've gone from chief geek-nerd being a prize asset for making bullets one by one to firing hundreds of thousands of rounds in just 3 episodes. I've not seen one person even change a magazine yet! I love the programme, but so far this series is a bit toilet.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
It’s become almost unwatchable, humorless, long periods where nothing happens, a comic villain caught up in his own performance and totally self indulgent. Z Nation is much more fun.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Losing the will to watch it a bit now. It’s just become so dreadfully put together and the killing off of one of the most influential characters for seemingly no useful reason is bizarre.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Haven't watched any of this season , am I missing much?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Haven't watched any of this season , am I missing much?

No, I've been a big fan, but this season has been drawn out, little character development, hardly any plot, ridiculous amount of gunfire throughout considering only a little while ago it was a great prize to have someone who could make 1 bullet at a time. Neegan and Rick are now so 1 dimensional, they can't afford them to turn sideways to the camera. I've actually found myself loathing the characters I previously enjoyed watching. It's had no tension, no surprise, no real horror.

The potential is there, I liked the Neegan character, but there has been no background to him other than him mentioning his wife. How has he come to be how he is? Was he always an asshole? How did this transform in? Was there some trauma? Anything...Instead, they seem to think it's enough he does the same smile and weird relaxed posture and that's enough. He's almost laughable now from the terror we witnessed when we were first introduced to him.

It has been so bad, even though I've followed the journey this far, I doubt I'll bother again. A real shame.

If you did want to catch up, you could watch the first episode, then the last and you'd probably have a good idea of what happened inbetween.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It’s become almost unwatchable, humorless, long periods where nothing happens, a comic villain caught up in his own performance and totally self indulgent. Z Nation is much more fun.

Losing the will to watch it a bit now. It’s just become so dreadfully put together and the killing off of one of the most influential characters for seemingly no useful reason is bizarre.

Not just me then! :nono:

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
No, I've been a big fan, but this season has been drawn out, little character development, hardly any plot, ridiculous amount of gunfire throughout

It feels to me that this first half of the season is a direct response to all the people who complained that the start of last season was too slow and mopey following the deaths in the first episode. It's like the writers room is on some massive pendulum or something.

"Don't like it too sad? FINE! Have 7 hours of gunfights!"

I do miss when it was a more thoughtful, grounded show (as much as a zombie show can be grounded or thoughtful)

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
What is a shame is that the awful show-running is still getting some superb acting, particularly from Andrew Lincoln.He is having to carry the entire show on his back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here