Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Big game tomo...

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
They're 11/1 if you're feeling brave, sheebo.

Spurs will be tired mentally and it'll feel like after the Lord Mayor's Show for them following their unbelievable 3-1 win over Real Madrid.

If it was any other team I'd put money on them but not that horrible lot. And I'll kick myself and thump my knuckles against the wall when they're winning before Spurs save it for a probable 1-1 draw.

Yeah, we all know how football works. Spurs know they're up against the worst team they'll play all season (and that includes the possibility that they might get some non-league minnows in the Cup), and that's immediately after they've just beaten the reigning European Champions. Sub-consciously they'll know they haven't got to play as well as they did in midweek in order to get a result and they're not going to be at their best. Horribly I think there's a chance Palace will get something from it, certainly I'd back us to get a draw in the same circumstances. Chelsea probably thought it was a gimmie when they played them.

I don't think even Palace are bad enough to lose 3 or 4 nil.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You have spoilt my early morning start now, Sheebo, by saying Palace might win. :lolol: I was looking forward to seeing them beaten by a good margin and their fans' miserable faces! Really, really wish I still worked in an office overrun with Palace fans - oh the fun I could have. :clap: PS you are probably right about the result though.

100% palace win mate - big fight for the champs league places on paper - the palace fans would have targeted his as a 6 pointer in August - palace will win, they have players we could only dream of having and none of our lot would get in their team - i read that on here...

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
I suppose we are now hoping for the Croydon dross to do us a favour as we start to target a Champions League spot?

:moo:

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I have the same feeling about this as I did for the Chelsea game. I can see the league’s whipping boys picking something up.

Me too, probably via a Zahahahaha tumble - it’s what normally happens when they pick up points

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I'm still very hopeful of landing a 9/1 shot. Those were the odds I got on the high street with Betfred.

Palarse are certainly up for this. Spurs look a bit flat.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I'm still very hopeful of landing a 9/1 shot. Those were the odds I got on the high street with Betfred.

Croydon could be 2/3 up ... the Zaha miss could prove very costly

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

Croydon could be 2/3 up ... the Zaha miss could prove very costly

Edit ... right on cue, Spuds score

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The BT commentator is praising how well Brighton are doing this season. That must sound nice in Croydon's finests ears.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
NOT the result we expected from the franchise boys in the famous red... or is it blue... 2 primary colours dont go together surely?! Anyway a good confidence builder but not what we expected. No pressure on them though. As expected Spurs didn't turn up thankfully, after their big win in the week. Only a slight dent in 2010s away form though... Still think they'll stay up - won't be long before they get the points they deserve...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Big question is will Spurs return for Zaha in Jan? 2-3 million will surely be tooo good to turn down.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
NOT the result we expected from the franchise boys in the famous red... or is it blue... 2 primary colours dont go together surely?! Anyway a good confidence builder but not what we expected. No pressure on them though. As expected Spurs didn't turn up thankfully, after their big win in the week. Only a slight dent in 2010s away form though... Still think they'll stay up - won't be long before they get the points they deserve...

I disagree, sheebo.

Today was a huge opportunity to gain a point or three. For them to play Spurs at the best time possible they could have hoped and end up with nothing. Well, Hodgson is hardly a man to motivate them as they get cut further and further adrift. :lolol: They may have to change their manager again - Chris Coleman would be ideal after he played for the scum and for what he did with Wales.

I lost a tenner but c'est la vie. The table looks great both in the top and bottom half. :thumbsup:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I disagree, sheebo.

Today was a huge opportunity to gain a point or three. For them to play Spurs at the best time possible they could have hoped and end up with nothing. Well, Hodgson is hardly a man to motivate them as they get cut further and further adrift. :lolol: They may have to change their manager again - Chris Coleman would be ideal after he played for the scum and for what he did with Wales.

I lost a tenner but c'est la vie. The table looks great both in the top and bottom half. :thumbsup:

I will concede that palace continue to have a huge amount of luck. Chelsea fans describe the performance of their team that day as the worst performance in over a decade. West Ham were at their lowest having been destroyed 3-0 at home in their previous game & surrendered a point, albeit with the aid of a dodgy pen & a lucky last minute through the legs miskick from Wilf - but it prob will add 100k or so to his £2mil price tag.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here