Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What gives?

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
I'm a bit confused. Who are you and what has happened?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ill summarise;

OP joined after promotion
Posts a million times
Takes offence to one not-even-slightly offensive reply
Starts me me me thread
FLOUNCES
Try's hard to back peddle but damage is done
NSC laughs at-not-with him

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Ill summarise; (I'll....)

OP joined after promotion : yep. Been a season ticket holder for a few years now, though. I had to join sometime, in fairness...

Posts a million times : nine posts a day, according to my 'stats'. It's all new to me, and I'll get bored and post less.

Takes offence to one not-even-slightly offensive reply : have had more offensive, but they were all clear and understood.

Starts me me me thread : because the person who got my goat wouldn't justify himself, and ignored my question.

FLOUNCES : I'll give you that. I've put my Tutu back in the box and it's on top of my wardrobe again.

Try's hard to back peddle but damage is done : It's 'pedal'. Were you looking out of the window during English class? Anyway, as I posted - I decided to man up.

NSC laughs at-not-with him : Good! We all need a laugh, and good natured piss-taking is funny!

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011

OP joined after promotion : yep. Been a season ticket holder for a few years now, though. I had to join sometime, in fairness...

Posts a million times : nine posts a day, according to my 'stats'. It's all new to me, and I'll get bored and post less.

Takes offence to one not-even-slightly offensive reply : have had more offensive, but they were all clear and understood.

Starts me me me thread : because the person who got my goat wouldn't justify himself.

FLOUNCES : I'll give you that.

Try's hard to back peddle but damage is done : It's 'pedal'. Were you looking out of the window during English class? Anyway, as I posted - I decided to man up.

NSC laughs at-not-with him : Good!

Can't work the quotes :lol::lol:

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011

Starts me me me thread : because the person who got my goat wouldn't justify himself, and ignored my question.

FLOUNCES : I'll give you that. I've put my Tutu back in the box and it's on top of my wardrobe again.

NSC laughs at-not-with him : Good! We all need a laugh, and good natured piss-taking is funny!

Quit man for ****s sake, damage done :flounce:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
In fairness to the OP, being on an internet forum is not necessarily intuitive. The old yahoo groups for obscure 80s bands were nothing but charm and love. NSC on the other hand is like HGSB sixth form pseudo intellectual club, plus Neville 'd'you wanna fight?' club, and all the myriad other morphs that come with the passage of time, beer and hard Knocks (gedditt??).

My suggestion to @OP is don't be an OP. It takes a whole skill set that, frankly, is god given (and there is no god). My own attempts have been misguided and dull (so I'm not flagging any special skills here). Be humble. Be brave. Possible, be off (for a bit). :ffsparr:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
When I remember the banter (OK, mostly abuse) and flounces of pre all powerful Google on NSC, this is just so very tame in comparison...

In the old days a flounce was a thing of wonder and much amusement.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'm not even sure it can be classed as a flounce can it ?
Surely you need an "up your bollocks" or a "you can all **** off" in there somewhere surely.
I believe the correct phrase is something like "bollocks to NSC, bollocks to REMF, bollocks to the ****ing lot of you" for full flounce effect.

I believe the correct phrase is something like "bollocks to NSC, bollocks to REMF, bollocks to the ****ing lot of you" for full flounce effect.
Ideally refering to yourself in the third person too.

Ah yes, good days indeed.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Well if this is the standard of a close season premier league flounce, I can't wait to get back to the f***ing championship

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
What the F#CK does 'what gives?' mean? Is this another F#CKING Americanism? You're all horrible insensitive b@stards anyway. Wellesley is out.:cry::flounce:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Are there cliques?

I thought NSC was the least cliquey it has ever been.

I don't include my own personal clique in that obviously, but I appreciate that they just pretend to like me for gossip on transfers and finding out which Albion players got asked to leave the hotel in Vegas.
I wouldn't join any clique that would have me as a member.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I'm a bit irked, if I'm honest...

I've been reading this forum for a couple years, always promised I'd join and post. So, I did. I found you all to be very welcoming and accepting - and funny. Very funny actually. I've tried my best to add humour, balanced views, and a bit of controversy (as all forums should have now and again to get the hens clucking) and I don't think I've been abusive, nor have I upset anyone to my knowledge.

'The Clamp' said all of my posts were drivel, apart from one - and at least he was honest. I've been called a 'JCL' - which I am, and even take the piss out of myself on my signature to acknowledge this. Yesterday, I posted on the thread about Steve Parrish, the love child of Jeremy Vine and David Cameron, singing Karaoke on his holidays, to leave him alone as he's just on holiday with his family.

So... I'm now being treated, I assume - from the comment, with some suspicion.

View attachment 86629

Am I a Brighton & Hove Albion season ticket holding Crystal Cladding fan with a penchant for self abuse? Have I come on here to convert you all to Islam and persuade you all to make the 2018/19 kit consist of sandals and a striped dish-dash? Have I come on here to slowly brainwash you all into thinking Glenn Murray runs so fast it's an optical illusion and we all see it differently, or is a senior member of the forum being paranoid? I asked for an answer on the thread itself, and also invited him to explain himself away from the thread by sending a polite PM. I've not received a reply to either.

Senior member of the forum or not - it made me feel uncomfortable, and I don't like that. I'll take anything thrown at me in public in plain English, I'm not a little wilting flower who cries at every insult - but something like that, then no reply is a bit, well.... snide. That's not what I thought this place was.

I'm happy to sod off if you like. Just say, and I'll go back to reading the forums only..
Man up and abuse a few people your feel so much better for it. Hope that helps fella.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here