Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Freedom for Tooting

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
If i remember correctly not by birth.

Ha ha.

So you only allowed to live where you were born ? Ridiculous.

I never lived in Hastings. It was the nearest hospital - miles from my village. I moved to London in my 20s. Should I pack my bags and move back to St. Leonard's ?

My dad bless him was born in Hawkhurst (Kent) but supported the Albion after quickly moving aa a child a skip and a hop into East Sussex. Should he gave supported Gillingham ?

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
I'm a Londoner. Is your argument against Europe or the Asian population in Tooting ?

It's more about it being overcrowded, as is all of south London. The only thriving profession in south London is those for translation services. Schools, GP's, hospitals, housing is all being put under strain.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Ha ha.

I never lived in Hastings. It was was the nearest hospital - miles from my village. I moved to London in my 20s. Should I pack my bags and move back to St. Leonard's ?

Don't get touchy. I simply pointed out that you are not a true Londoner. You used that to throw weight behind your point of view.Not that i care. Myself i wouldn't like to live in Tooting either.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Ha ha.

I never lived in Hastings. It was was the nearest hospital - miles from my village. I moved to London in my 20s. Should I pack my bags and move back to St. Leonard's ?

You are not a Londoner, if I move to Spain it wouldn't make me Spanish.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It's more about it being overcrowded, as is all of south London. The only thriving profession in south London is those for translation services. Schools, GP's, hospitals, housing is all being put under strain.

The only thriving profession....

Jesus I've leaving the country, sorry county, sorry city...

Now I'm confused.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Why, do you consider him not to be, because he is white? RACIST!!!!!

I'm sorry I'll have to take that away and consult my diversity councilor (thriving profession, rents in Tooting apparently) and consider how I have been racist for pointing out Sir Cliff was born in India.

My bad.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I'm making a point, were you born in London? If not you are obviously not a Londoner.

What if someone isn't born in London, but moves there from a very early age - are they a Londoner?
What if someone is born there, but moves away - are they still a Londoner?

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
What if someone isn't born in London, but moves there from a very early age - are they a Londoner?
What if someone is born there, but moves away - are they still a Londoner?

I was born in South East Asia of English parents from Yorkshire and have lived in the south of England since age 3 and London since age 7. Am rather curious to know where the little Englanders think I should be living.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
They don't have a Mixed Blessings Carribean Bakery in Karachi. Or two of the finest English pie shops in the country. Or a hipster "Chicken Shop".

For me the main issue is too many Chelsea shirts.
Thats because its the nearest club.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Here we go, everyone must be a racist. My girlfriend and friends are 'darkies', whom I consider as English as myself. Just because I don't want to live somewhere overrun with foreigners does not make me a racist. It puts pressure on schools, transport, NHS etc. Not to mention keeps the rents far to high for most Londoners.
As you said to me earlier mate , you're wasting your time , as long as c*nts like [MENTION=865]clapham_gull[/MENTION] can ponce around buying curried guava , all is well , and people can tell me that the place i knew and loved , that was full of people who shared my culture and traditions is ''vibrant'' and much improved , this is tooting when pakistan win at cricket , a lovely corner of ''England''.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Cast iron bullshit. Anyone who thinks Tooting is a shithole must have brought up in Belgravia.

As if there was this "golden age" before the immigrants moved in.

I'm there all the time live without walking distance. Not down there buying Organic curried guava, there is a handy screwfix and a Wilkinson. The HSBC opens on Saturday which mine doesn't.

Laughable some people's view of London. I've lived here 20 years. Not in Clapham for years though. Walking distance from Tooting near Balham station.

You should see the house prices down there. I've got a mate sitting on a 750,000 pile.

Shit hole ? Complete bollocks.

Funny how no one mentions "little Portugal" between Stockwell and Vauxhall. That is a bit ropey round there, but of course not that foreign are they ?

Between Balham and Tooting is a huge Polish community who came over during the war (sorry UKIP) even some of the streets have Polish names. That doesn't fit the argument does it ?

Safe as houses in Tooting with its very posh middle class pubs like The Castle and it's pretentious tapas bars.

I've Balham completely gentrify over the last 20 years and it's happening down there. Clapham has just turned into bars so I had to leave.
You've hit the nail on the head , no, they're not that foreign and share a broadly similar culture to us , the pakistanis, in tooting, dont .

PS i'd love to have put you in the Castle in the 80's , you'd have dropped your bag of curried guava in a nano second in your haste to get out.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I'm a Londoner.

Is your argument against Europe or the Asian population in Tooting ? Because your argument is confused. Is Tooting struggling from immigration from Europe because that's a new one on me. It's a ******* to get a doctor's appointment round here but it has been for years
No, you're not , your a wannabe.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here