Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Idiots

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
14-15 years ago I'd say many on this board would be doing the same. I'ts no coincidence that the dip in football violence in the early 90's coincided with the rave scene (see Carlton Leach et al).

Enjoy your night, from an over the hill ex-party animal!

Cheers Buck, I know there's plenty on here who understand. Horses for courses innit :thumbsup:

Buck

Through & Through
Feb 18, 2009
Not Lewes Any More
Cheers Buck, I know there's plenty on here who understand. Horses for courses innit :thumbsup:

I envy you fella. Remember when England won rugby world cup and we won play off final at Cardiff. What started out as exciting days out turned into 36 hour parties......apparently!!

Luckily, I have a very understanding, and forgiving, Mrs!!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I envy you fella. Remember when England won rugby world cup and we won play off final at Cardiff. What started out as exciting days out turned into 36 hour parties......apparently!!

Luckily, I have a very understanding, and forgiving, Mrs!!

No envy, I'm pissed of I missed out on 88-95!

Happy days! :thumbsup:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
It looked it from where we was, a few Forest supporters around us commented that "they must be the one's singled out this week". A bit of argy bargy here and there but you would have had a better view than I would I suspect being in the away end. Looked like a punch or two was thrown.

It was just some kid looked about 16 years old it was the Brighton stewards on duty who wanted him out for whatever reason he just didn't want to go

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Two people violently removed from the away end by firstly stewards and then police, about 6 or 7 rows up around the 35th minute mark. No fellow Albion fans helped the two who were being thrown out, what happened to sticking up for fellow fans.

I was in the Brian Clough upper so saw it all. The two weren't arrested as were seen outside the City Ground after the game.

Maybe they deserved to be? Would you assist a fellow Albion fan whatever they were doing?

Violently removed? That suggests they were in the wrong, whether they were in the right or not in the first place.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Yeah, it has.
Though....30/40 year olds think it's alright to have a willie waving contest....you know the one
Apart from the 50s it has happened at a lot of games...but that doesn't make it right...When they grow up they will what idiots they look and maybe one day their loved one is caught in it!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
It's the same people who will condemn tribal wars abroad (particularly the Middle East) yet promote their own little version. The Casuals don't see the irony.

I don't think they condemn them, they just pick a side and stick up for it. The whole nature of football is tapping into a primal version of tribalism. US against THEM, doesn't matter who us and them are! Actually the same as most wars racism and xenophobia we see today. Look at the MFE v anti fascist that we all said was ridiculous - most of them were the same, they just wanted something to belong to.

"They support a different football club to me so I'm going to fight them!!" Sounds moronic when you say it but as I said, horses for courses, some people thrive off confiict.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I don't think they condemn them, they just pick a side and stick up for it. The whole nature of football is tapping into a primal version of tribalism. US against THEM, doesn't matter who us and them are! Actually the same as most wars racism and xenophobia we see today. Look at the MFE v anti fascist that we all said was ridiculous - most of them were the same, they just wanted something to belong to.

"They support a different football club to me so I'm going to fight them!!" Sounds moronic when you say it but as I said, horses for courses, some people thrive off confiict.

I agree to an extent. It is human nature to avoid peace. That has been proven over the last thousands of years.

It's just that the small fry look a bit silly. They are not fighting for farming rights, beliefs or borders, they are just fighting because they support a different team (and in the grander scheme of things, we are all also rans). We should be creating an army and fight the top three/four/five lads.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Maybe they deserved to be? Would you assist a fellow Albion fan whatever they were doing?

Violently removed? That suggests they were in the wrong, whether they were in the right or not in the first place.

They were only violently removed as such as they would not actually go peacefully. One of them said his offence was trying to sit down so he had a sense of humour.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
It's just that the small fry look a bit silly. They are not fighting for farming rights, beliefs or borders, they are just fighting because they support a different team (and in the grander scheme of things, we are all also rans). We should be creating an army and fight the top three/four/five lads.

Agreed with the bit in bold, but it just depends on where you're born and what you have to fight for. At an absolute basic emotional level it's all the same. Scrapping between a Millwall and West Ham fan, scrapping between a Hutu and Tutsi, Allied soilder and nazi soilder, catholic protestant, shiiit sunni. Thay just did what they were told to believe in.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
If they want a punch up then m ok with that. In fact I would let them on the pitch after the game and whoever wants to fight can bloody well get on with it without bothering anyone else. But people walking down the street with their kids dont need to have bottled lobbed in their direction.

Don't want to wreck the ground, give them a bit of wasteland or a disused carpark and let them get on with it. I often wonder what would happen with these hard cases if they were left ot really 'go toe to toe' without the knowledge that the police would step in and stop them fighting.

Let em get on with it way from the rest of society and hopefully they will thin them selves out.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here